Author Topic: gyne returning  (Read 2447 times)

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
So once you have the surgery, whats to prevent gyne from returning? Also I read that most gyn cases can probably be traced to a Zinc deficiency. Any truth to this? Also what role does alcohol play is gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are genetically predisposed to grow breasts, they could come back.

Liver disease is a common causative element in adult gynecomastia.  Alcohol is hard on the liver.  Beyond that I am not qualified to reply.

It sounds like you need to have a talk with your Doctor and perhaps a referral to an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply. I did just get checked out by my doctor and my testosterone levels were fine. Medium the lab said. Someone else suggested going to see an endocrinologist. Can you expain exactly what they do? I'd consider surgery but I don't want to pay that much if its just going to return.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
It sounds like you need to have a talk with your Doctor and perhaps a referral to an Endocrinologist.

Sound advice Dan.  :)

Go see an endocrinologist!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The Endocrinologist is the person best qualified to interpret the results of your Lab tests for the simple reason that they have specialized in that area of Medicine.

Testosterone is not the only issue in gynecomastia,  what Is important is the ratio of estrogen to testosterone.  There are other hormones possibly involved and also liver function etc.  An Endocrinologist who has specialized in reproductive issues is without question the best qualified person to interpret these tests.

The results of your testosterone test must be weighted according to your age, this is not always done.  Your grandfather would likely have a somewhat lower result than you but some reports would not distinguish between the two.

If you get a clean bill of health from the Endocrinologist, I think there would be little worry about regrowth after surgery.   Most young men have much more important things to fret over.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024