Author Topic: Need help ->PHOTOS INSIDE<-  (Read 5570 times)

Offline tiredofit55

Hi,like many others on this forum i have a problem with puffy nipples..im 16 turning 17 this august..im not overweight...im pretty slim..i have had this problem since the summer before i turned 14..like many of you i went to the doctor he told me that they would go away that year or so but they never did..after reading through these forums i have found out many people have waited it out but they never went away and alot of people are saying that they wish that they would of got surgery earlier because the effect on their social life.i am to having this same problem..i cant take off my shirt or fit a tight shirt without my nipples poking out...its only so long you can hide this problem before people start to notice it or ask why you never take off your shirt..This problem has literally put a hold on my teenage life especially with girls...im tired of it...thats why i need your help..

1.First i need to know how much do you think surgery would cost for my case?
2.Also i need to know if i could just get nipple/areola reduction(I read around the internet and the most for that procedure is 500-1500$ way cheaper then Gynecomastia Surgery)
3.Last is what company is the best to finance surgery.

My main problem is cost i know my mom could do 500-1500$ but 3000-5000$ is out of the question

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Frankly, if I had your chest I wouldn't be anywhere near this forum.

You do have a bit of gland there. And the nipples are a tad larger than normal. However, the problems so small it's mainly in your head.

Surgery will cost at minimum $3000 (for gyne removal). I'm not sure about nipple reduction or how much it'd cost.

It's so small that if you just work out your chest a bit (do exercises that target the top portion), you'd have a very easy time putting on a tight shirt. I'm sure no girl would say anything about them as it they are either.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
I know that the money is an issue for a lot of people here, but the reality is that it looks like you have gland under there that is causing your nipples to puff out and and only gland excision will fix it.  If you go cheap and find someone to just do lipo or a nipple reduction, you will fall into a trap that many others here have fallen into and end up spending even more money than if you had just done it right the first time (not to mention the pain).  I think that gives you two options: (1) get a part time job and save up the rest of the money to do the procedure with a reliable gynecomatia surgeon, or (2) continue to wait it out and hope it get better.  I guess the options are not mutually exclusive.  I know socially is sucks, but I would say you are still too young and your condition not serious enough to warrant the surgery right away.  My nipples were almost as puffy as yours for a good 7-8 years, but when I got to college, they did shrink a good deal.  Not as much as I would have liked, but enough for me not to notice them as much (or anyone else for that matter).  I know it's hard, but at your age, there isn't a rush either way, you just have to deal with it like you deal with other problems as a teenager, and all of us have had those.  Just make sure you do not get some random surgeon to do the surgery for cheap because you just want to feel like you're doing something rather than making sure you do it the RIGHT WAY.  Just to get on my soap box, that's the direction our society is going these days.  We feel like we need to "take action" in hopes of getting quick results when sometimes patience is really what is required and "taking action" will only make things worse.  Don't take short cuts.  If you need time to save up the rest of the money to get the right surgeon to do a good job, then you need to do it.  It might be a different situation if you had like a b-cup or something, I can understand how that my be psychologically destructive to a teenage boy, but it is definitely possible to get by for a little bit longer with your condition to make sure you get a good final result.   

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
To answer your last question, many plastic surgeons offer financing.  Other than that, you probably have to try  credit card (I wouldn't advise that unless you can still get a really low APR for a year or something like that) or get an unsecured loan from the bank.  You will probably have to rely on your parents for that as well, but really should pay them back if you can for something like this, especially if they don't have the money lying around.  Times are tough these days! 

Offline tiredofit55

i was supposed to do alot of like social activities this summer coming up like water parks pools beachs etc...i wanted to get the surgery done before the summer..i understand it isnt that bad compared to others on the forum..but if you put me next to a person with a reqular size nipples they make mines look gigantic...as for the Exercises is it really possible for me to lose fat in my nipples by just targeting my chest area..i read so many articles online saying you can and cant..is there any way i can target just the fat gland in my nipples..

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
I don't think exercises will really help in your case because you're not fat.  One idea may be to work your upper chest, which may have the effect of pushing you nipples lower on your chest and perhaps make them less noticeable.  Yes, summertime sucks for people with gyne, especially if you live in a warm weather climate.  But you need to think practically.  If you go cheap with this surgery and it ends up worse, how would you feel about that?  If you're willing to take that risk, then go for it.  But it doesn't make sense to me. 

13genof

Go live your life kid, you have nothing to fret about your chest is fine!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
It's funny how the instinctual, automatic reaction is to say "don't worry about it, man. It's so mild it's in your head. Don't be crazy"

That's what I would say if I saw your picture, and I did not have the same condition.

For some people, it's easy not to care. I wish I didn't give a damn. But for other people, it simply has to be sorted out
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

13genof

Sorry,  you didn't like my response.  I do have Gynecomastia try "C" cup breast.

Offline jngyne

• Posting Member
yep..u have gland under there and you definitely need surgery if u want a flat chest..
as the ppl above advised..u can try building your upper chest and the contours may even out..
Surgery done on April 29th, 2009
Dr. Ramachandran- Apollo Chennai
My case: puffy nipples
Procedure: Lipo, excision with gland removal
Surgery experience
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17446.0

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
I had a similar case to yours, except mine was probably not as bad and I opted for the surgery..

for all the people saying 'dont worry about it' - I understand that your case is a lot more severe than this, however you have no idea the mental ramifications having minor gland can cause.. I didnt take my shirt off for years and I never went to the beach and I could never wear a tight white tee-shirt. The worst thing about it is that everyone thinks your fit and lean so they constantly wonder what your problem is.

Offline thetodd

bare this is mind

1. Surgery isnt always 100%, bare in mind you could come out worse than you went in
2. Getting finance is dangerous, make sure you get your parents to read over any finance agreement

You do have an extremley minor case, and in all honestey girls arent going to notice and i doubt anyone else will. You dont have to look like brad pitt to get girls seriously and youve got a really good body. I have mates with slightly puffy nipples and i had fully blown gyne and it has never held any of us back getting girls and ive had some really good looking girlfriends (no seriously, i have amazingly) its all about confidence!

This is my surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

If your prepared to take the risks, and pay the money then by all means find a good surgeon and get it worked on. Definatley dont just go for the cheapest get the best :)

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

13genof

A lot of opinions is what you will get on the site/forum, as long as you realize that you must seek professional medical advise to definitively know if you have Gynecomastia, then have fun swapping opinions!

8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024