Author Topic: Pushups & Arm exercises that won't make Gyno worse?  (Read 6128 times)

Offline Pressure

Will doing pushups at an angle (with your feet elevated on a stool/chair) make gynocomastia worse like regular pushups do?

My problem that I'm what someone else on the board described as "skinny fat." I have a lot of fat stored on my chest, gut, and some on my thighs but my arms and legs are really skinny. I have love handles too.

Currently I'm 170lbs. I'm close to 5'10 in height. I want to get down to 150lbs in the next few months.
When I lose weight I look a little too thin in my arms and legs, but I have a bunch of fat hiding underneath my shirt. To combat this unhealthy skinny look I wan't to gain muscle in my arms. I don't want to accidently pump up the gynocomastia in the process.

I want to be able to wear slim fitting shirts. I'm losing weight in hopes that the gyno will go down enough for me to be able to.
I wear a double compression tank top shirt (Underworks) but I still don't look right in slim fitting shirts (or even medium T-shirts). It also sucks having to hide the compression shirt.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
I know how about feel about the "skinny fat" look. Happened to me while I was (and am still) losing weight. You chest and stomach/love handles are the last place fat comes from (for men).

So, I just did some basic bicep curls, concentration curls for biceps and for triceps I did the exercise when you lay on you back with one dumbell in your hands and you do like a reverse bicep curl- I forgot what its called, hopefully you know what I mean haha. For my chest I did push ups, but I wouldn't recommend them..they just pushed out my gland and kinda makes in sag, which is counterproductive..maybe some else will recommend something better

Anyway, just keep to the losing weight and you'll even out eventually!

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, Pressure!

I think it's unfortunate that the real facts of exercise and gyne have somehow gotten so skewed. 

Guys avoid exercising because they've heard it "might" make their gyne worse.  That's not a logical way to think and it's not a logical way to live....especially if you're eventually going to get the condition corrected through surgery.  

Here's the thing.....even if exercising DOES result in pushing your gland out more noticeably, it's not going to be THAT significant, and certainly not to the point of avoiding certain types of exercise because you're afraid of making the gyne more noticeable.  If it's noticeable, it's noticeable.  Working out simply isn't going to make THAT drastic of a difference. It's not going to be like......"Well, if I don't work out, my gyne's acceptable, but if I DO work out, it's not."  If you have gyne, it doesn't look good, period.  Either you need to have it surgically corrected or you don't.  Exercise really is of no consequence when talking about gynecomastia, in my opinion.  

The thing people forget is that when your chest is in otherwise good or great shape from working out, then AFTER the surgery is completed, your chest is going to look BETTER than if you had been neglecting it.  But instead of thinking about that, people tend to focus on the negative aspects of the exercise.  It really makes no sense.

I really think that exercise being associated with worsening gyne has been waaaaay overblown.  

Offline sjr8989

I used to do a lot of push-ups and bench press exercises, and I only noticed positive improvement in how my chest looked. My chest lifted and centered, but it didn't get pushed out. I doubt you'll get big pectorals unless you consume a lot of protein and do high volume and low repetition chest exercises. As for arms, I would recommend chin-ups, pull-ups and dumbbell exercises.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024