Author Topic: Question :)  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Droid

• Posting Member
  • yep, very true
Hi guyz

I had my surgery(lipo suction) done the 29th of October last year. The doctor said not to expect results for 3 months (29 January 2005). Well, that date has passed and I don't see an improvement. Gyno has decreased a little bit, but nothing really noticible, their just as big as they used to be.

Would just like to know if this is normal behaviour for liposuction 3 months after, or should I schedule an appointment with my doctor? The doctor is quite a distance from me so I can't just go for a check up.

Thank you in advance. You guys have been a great help up to this point!!!!!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Call and schedule an appointment with your dr tomorrow.  Yes, 6 months to a year to really see results, but i'd think you'd see more than you're describing after 3 months.

Offline randomtask

• Posting Member
if there is glandular tissue there and the doctor only performed lipo then your chest shape will hardly change.

Offline rcbrown23

Agree with "random".

If there is any glandular tissue (harder lumps), then it will need excision, I speak from experience, I had a failed lypo only operation.

Call your doc. At three months you would see an improvement.

-Brown

DrBermant

Hi guyz

I had my surgery(lipo suction) done the 29th of October last year. The doctor said not to expect results for 3 months (29 January 2005). Well, that date has passed and I don't see an improvement. Gyno has decreased a little bit, but nothing really noticible, their just as big as they used to be.

Would just like to know if this is normal behaviour for liposuction 3 months after, or should I schedule an appointment with my doctor? The doctor is quite a distance from me so I can't just go for a check up.

Thank you in advance. You guys have been a great help up to this point!!!!!

Liposuction and fat sculpture can take at least 6 months until the final results are seen.  Evolution of tissues after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, aftercare, how you heal, and other factors.  Typical evolution for my patients can be seen here.  Sometimes Revision Gynecomastia Surgery can help.

Standardized photographs are better for describing residual issues than just words.  However, your questions are better answered by your own doctor or someone you see for a second opinion.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024