Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 2243 times)

Offline blahblahblah

• Posting Member
  • Op done on the 1st of March 2006
Firstly I have to say thanks to everyone on this forum as without this and a few TV shows along with press cuttings I would not be going through with this.

Ok I am 23 and a big lad and I always knew I had breasts but I though they would go down when I started to loose weight. I started to loose weight though they started to stand out even more and this knocked my self-confidence in a big way.

Well after 2 years I got up the confidence to go to the doc which is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do! Anyway my NHS doc says all the right things though she said that it was mainly fatty tissue though I thought it was strange as she only felt the sides and not the front (but I did not say anything).  She said she would have to send me to a breast clinic for a check and I thought it was ok though when I got back from a weekend away I got a letter that said I am sorry but the NHS does not offer this treatment anymore / or is it just to me?

Anyway this got me really depressed but I thought I would search to see if I could afford it myself and while I was on my Holiday in Goa /still there now (staying away from the beach and covering up) I found an advert which offered the surgery. I come to India every year and I know that they have some of the best surgeons and hospitals (and the worst) in the world. So I though I would book my appointment and go and see how he conducted himself before committing to anything as it was only 500 rupees / just over 6 pounds for the consultation.

I went and all I have to say is how professional he was and this has put me at ease 100% and what made it better was he is an American Indian and has 26years experience in the states and showed me worse cases than me! Anyway after he checked me out he did confirm by feeling my breast (all over) that I do have fatty tissue and also the gyne. So he went through the procedure and he worked out that due to the size I would need 3 hours of surgery! I was shocked as I thought that most people only have up to an hour. Well anyway I thought he knows what he is doing and he said I could have the surgery anytime I want, though I think I am going to book myself in for February. The overall cost about 1000 pounds all in though he said depending is my skin retracts I may need to go in again to have some excess skin removed. I did not think it was too bad though I did think it was expensive for India though it’s done by an American and in a private hospital.

I was wondering has anyone had the op with Dr. Mohan Thomas as I think I will go through with it and of course I will post before and after pictures.

BlahBlahBlah

Offline fizzy

• Bronze Member
I got it done in India - in Bombay - cost be Rs. 100,000 totally - thot 70 k of it was for the hospital and 2 nites in it. The doc's own charge was Rs.20,000 and 2 anaesthetics charged Rs.5,000 each. Also, the doc was considered to be amongst the best surgeons in india.

So - this guy is ripping u off for 3 hours

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Firstly I have to say thanks to everyone on this forum as without this and a few TV shows along with press cuttings I would not be going through with this.

From (most of) everyone on this forum, U are most welcome!  ;)

I think I am going to book myself in for February.

Good Luck Dude! I hope all goes well for you....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline blahblahblah

• Posting Member
  • Op done on the 1st of March 2006
I got it done in India - in Bombay - cost be Rs. 100,000 totally - thot 70 k of it was for the hospital and 2 nites in it. The doc's own charge was Rs.20,000 and 2 anaesthetics charged Rs.5,000 each. Also, the doc was considered to be amongst the best surgeons in india.

So - this guy is ripping u off for 3 hours

Thanks for both your responces though fizzy do you know who your doc was ? As this man is one of the best and is also based in bobmbay too. The overall charge is less than yours but i will only be in and out. It works out at over 15,000 per hour all the rest are fees and jacket ect...

Offline Banglorian

• Posting Member
Fizzy....

Can u please tell me the name of DOC ..........

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
good luck mate..

just a thought for you...

"american indian"

.. could have two meanings-

a- an indian national/ethnic living/having lived in america
b- a native american

thought that was interesting in terms of its possible dual meanings, though I gathered from the context that the surgeon you refer to is (a)
... and the saga continues

Offline fizzy

• Bronze Member
Indian American - is from the country of Inida

American Indian - a native American

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024