Author Topic: SOY  (Read 3858 times)

Offline YOURESORAD

• Posting Member
SOY
Does it affect gyno?

I am a vegan and consume a lot of soy products which apparently contain estrogen i heard?

can anyone confirm/deny that eating soy products can make it worse? thank you!

Offline rangerslinky

• Posting Member
  • =]
I dont know the answer to your question but I remember PETA once used an advertisement showing a man with gyne and then stating, YOu dont want manboobs, go veg. I was offended a little cuz I doubt meat is what causes gynecomastia.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I dont eat concentrated soy products like tofu or soy beans, but Im sure since everything just about is preserved with soy lecithin or flour (chocolates,chips,lollies,bread,biscuits,etc) that in small doses here and there youd be fine.

also there is so much soy in the asian diets yet I dont see asian guys all over with gyne.

personally, I dont eat meat, but Im still not gonna have soym dogs,burgers etc, due to the strong yet unsubstantiated claims against it.

whats wrong with whey protein? I thought that was from wheat/grain ?
... and the saga continues

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
whats wrong with whey protein? I thought that was from wheat/grain ?

Whey is actually the watery part of the milk after it separates from curds in the cheese-making process.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Whey is actually the watery part of the milk after it separates from curds in the cheese-making process.

ohh......learn something new every day!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Concentrated Soy Isoflavones could be a problem if taken in sufficient quantities.  

The comparative strength of Phyto-Estrogens such as Soy-Isoflavones is such that they would need to comprize a major part of your diet to have any significant effect.

Whole soy, Soy protein, and other soy products should not be a problem.

Consume a variety of foods and all should be well.

You'll need to find something else to blame for your Gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i am vegan too, and soy is not an issue.  the dairy industry started this up as a scare tactic and were pretty well rebutted.  

the phytoestrogens have only about 1/500th the effect of regular estro, and since they compete for receptors, can actually block the effect.  

if you want more, i can try to cover it sometime, but that's the basics.  chow down on the soy without fear, i do all the time   (like i wish i had when i got my gyne back in the heavy dairy days.)  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 07:59:18 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024