Author Topic: I am so excited I found this forum!!  (Read 2176 times)

Offline 37_gyne_sufferer

• Finally seeking help!
I am 37 and have had gyne since I was in 8th grade.  It developed at the same time I suffered from a lymph node infection in the right side of my neck and has been there ever since.  I would be interested in opinions based on my decision to finally do something about this.

I am 5'10, 220lbs.  Would described myself as having moderate gyne based on a scale of mild/moderate/severe.

I am currently focused on losing weight and taking better care of my body.  My goal is to obtain 180-190lbs and then reassess gyne surgery.

I must admit I am tempted to use the amtractin (SP?) creme to see if minor improvements occur; however, am a bit concerned about side affects.

Guys, do you think this is a good plan of action or should I pursue the surgery regardless of additional weight loss?  Thanks for any advice!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 06:18:16 AM by 37_gyne_sufferer »

Strato

Hello,

Alright, well it looks like you've been a long time victim for Gynecomastia and though you probably want it to go away, at your age you are probably not suffering horribly as you were in your youth. I'm assuming you're looking for a slightly longer-term solution. I would recommend just doing the weight loss. Firstly, because if you have gland, then the fat around it will go away and your issue will be a lot less pronounced. Secondly, if you don't have gland or very little, it'll basically go away. And if its still a problem after weight loss, it'll be a lot easier for the surgery if you've lost weight (some gynecomastia surgeons want their operatee's to lose some weight first.

I guess some people use those creams but I don't think they are that effective, you might get minor results. I really don't know much about them.

Good luck  :)

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I would agree with him.  Loss the weight you desire and if the gyne is still bothering you, then pursue surgery.

-Oleska-
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ditto!

There are no "Over the Counter"  medications that are both safe and effective at reducing Gynecomastia.

There are medications which are effective for a small number of men, but their use requires a Prescription. The dosages and hormone levels need to be monitored. In short, you'd need competent medical supervision and as previously said, they only help a small number of men.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024