Author Topic: Hello, new..  (Read 2453 times)

Offline SleepingSun

Hi there

I am also a person with the gynecomastia condition, I'm 13 (14 in a few days), and it's really embaressing for me as I can't take my shirt off anywhere, I haven't said anything to any of my friends or siblings or parents. Also in the case of girls its embaressing, and the puffy nipples are very embaressing because then they stick out and its hard to hide sometimes, I make sure I am either wearing a baggy or dark shirt or a tigher shirt to kinda compress it down and then a open shirt over it. I once mentioned the puffy nipples to my brothers but they didn't think alot of it and I guess forgot.
Soon I am going to try to confront my parents about it, at the moment the breasts are not very big which is good.. I think they come outwards only about nearly 2cm.

I am wondering if others want to share their experiences of telling parents or friends?
And also if my eczema (the rashy/itchy/dry skin condition) medication has anything to do with the gyno.
The strong medication I don't use that often is Egocort 1%, Hydrocortisone. I use skin lotion everyday that is for dry skin.

I've been trying to tell my parents but its really hard to confront them..

Thanks

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Before you tell your parents I'd make sure you know what your goal is.  At 13-14, with a mild case, you are probably not a good candidate for surgery.  It's very likely that within the next few years it will go away.  If it doesn't, then I'd tell my parents.  But, like I said, 13-14 is normal to have gynecomastia, so I'd save myself the hassle of bringing it up with my parents.

As soon as you're old enough to work, get a job and start saving!  That way if the gyne doesn't go away then you have some money for surgery, and if it does go away, well then you have a bunch of cash!

-Dave

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
If you have gynecomastia for a few years, than you would be a canidate for surgery.

Mine also developed around age 12-13. I was taking a medicine to treat my asthma called Presnisone. Thats how mine got so big, and never went away.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome,

I had breast growth at your age.  Which was a long time ago and the kind of surgery now used to reduce or remove men's breasts did not exist then.

Most likely, your breasts will reduce on their own.  For some people that will not happen and they will have breasts into adulthood.  That is what happened to me.

Actually I come from a family where all the men have some breast enlargement. My 4 sons all have it and my grandsons are just reaching an age where it is an issue for them.

Since it is not at all unusual for the young men in my family, we do not give it much thought.  and no-one that I'm aware of has even contemplated surgery.  While our breasts are pretty obvious, they are generally not too large.

These days, many boys and young men are made to feel that they are somehow deformed and need surgical correction.   This is not true, but I can understand what they are going through as I remember very well the teasing when I was younger.

The most important thing is that you do not dwell on it and allow it to affect your attitude about yourself.  

My breasts never stopped me from anything,  But my attitude about them did.

You are several years away from even thinking about surgery, and at 13, you have much more important things to worry about.

Good Luck,

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024