Author Topic: For patients who have had the operation  (Read 1958 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
? Do the majority of people who opt for gynecomastia surgery go with Dr. Bermant!!! You would think people would go to the best PS for the job, I dunno!! ???
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:44:02 AM by cleanup »

Offline Hypo-is-here

The perception of this board via the comments found here is amazing.

It is a HUGE world out there!

The majority of gynecomastia patients go with neither of these surgeons- tens of thousands and thousands of surgeries are performed across the world.

If you are asking here on this site who people prefer then the answer is highly bias based on who people went with and when and how many of each number are reading and then deciding to answer.

What your bottom line question is, what you are getting at i'm sure is;

Who is the best surgeon?

You will not find an answer to it and i'd advise you to give up trying- again because the answer is highly subjective, bias based on who people went to and how many of each group are reading.

All you want to do is find the best surgeon for you.

Get consultations with a variety of surgeons and go with the one who fills you with the most confidence.

Honestly your not going to find any decent answer on questions of this nature.

If you post about specifics of consultations such as what you have been told or proposed techniques to be used etc, then people can give you reasonable opinions.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 09:43:21 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Hypo,  I could not disagree with you more.  When someone is asking for the best PS, They are looking for doctors who have had allot of positive feedback in this forum.  Plz light up and remember this is a support group.  Your cooperation is appreciated .  Now to answer your question,  I would go with Delgado or Bernamt.  Those are the doctors who get allot of positive feedback in here and anyone will do a great job.   Stay away from a PS who does 5 of these a year.  I made that mistake already
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:46:57 AM by cleanup »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think hypo's right though, those two or three are a tiny minority of all the cases out there.  they maybe in or at the top of the field based on experience, but the fact is there are qualified ps's everywhere from toronto to london to atlanta to many non-major cities.  as long as they make a study of gyne technique and do the op frequently enough to call themselves well experienced, there's no reason they couldn't do a credible job.  i doubt they mind the business, but if everyone went to only them, you or i could never even get an appointment, let alone afford them. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024