Author Topic: * PRE AND POST OP PICS* Gynaecomastia surgery with Dr Vik Vijh November 2016  (Read 11448 times)

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member

Offline bilabonic

• Posting Member
Can't see no pics ? Can you re-upload them ??
Where did you get your compression vest from ??

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
Well I finally hit the 4 week mark yesterday.  I am am done with the compression vests and the bruising and scabbing has all cleared up now.  Physically I am still sore, in fact I would say that the soreness has increased on my upper chest near my armpits.  Saying that it may be a case of the numbness residing which is revealing soreness that was already there.

My family have got bored of my recovery now and I get the impression they think I am playing on it a little.  The truth is I still can't raise my arms to reach a higher shelf and it even hurts to wash my hair.  A couple of days ago I reached up to get a coat of a hangar and I had a nasty sharp pain in my upper chest near my armpit!

At 6 weeks I'm going to start light exercise, with free weights and push ups.  Following that I am going to join my local gym once I feel ready for something heavier. 

I'll post more pics soon but will say that my chest has taken a nice shape and has definition.  I was worried that I would look like a 11 year old boy haha.

Offline GynoThrowaway

• Posting Member
Could you reupload the images? They seem to be down!

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
Could you reupload the images? They seem to be down!

Fixed it, they should all be visible again now :)

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
Update picture, 5 weeks, 2 days, post-op:

Im happy with the shape my chest has taken, nice and even.  Pain is mostly gone, still a little sore between the armpit and the upper chest.  Range of motion is increasing all the time although I still have to be a little careful stretching.  As an example, I washed the car yesterday and trying to reach the roof caused a stinging pulling sensation.

The crease marks you see are just from sitting down at a desk for a few hours before this pic.

Even with all the Christmas eating and drinking, I think I have lost a little weight since the op.  Plan to start light weights in the next couple of days.

giggsy

looking great man, have you experienced any scar tissue?

Offline Adam81

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
looking great man, have you experienced any scar tissue?

Not really, the scars themselves have healed and there were a few little lumps between the scar entrance and my upper chest. Each time I was in the path I would gently massage them and could actually feel them lessen in size. After doing this a few tims they were gone. As for my main chest area no lumps, all perfectly smooth.

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
Hi All,
Its been 2 months 1 week, and here are the current results:

Following the surgery both my nipples were unresponsive but have started to return to normal.  I have read that it can take 6 to 8 weeks in some cases but mine have noticeably improved.  Everything feels good and I can stretch a lot further without pain than I could previously.

Had my post op consultation last Tuesday and Dr Vijh was happy with the results.  This will probably be the last picture I will post now, unless there are any notable improvements in the future worth showing.  Only other thing I would say is that I would highly recommend Dr Vijh.  I am surprised he is not mentioned more on here as he is the successor of Dr Levick and the Levick technique.

Good luck to anyone pursuing surgery, its a big decision due to the cost but if you have the opportunity, go for it.  I have no regrets and now I no longer have Gynocomastia hanging over me every day :)

Offline oiseau

The result looks really good :)  Is it still flatter than you'd like?

I had a consultation with Dr Vijh last week, and it was looking like I'd have to wait until May for the surgery, but there's been a cancellation, so I'm booked in for Monday! Nervous/excited... I've just ordered the compression garment that Dr Vijh recommends, did you buy that one? Any thoughts on it?

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member

I had a consultation with Dr Vijh last week, and it was looking like I'd have to wait until May for the surgery, but there's been a cancellation, so I'm booked in for Monday! Nervous/excited... I've just ordered the compression garment that Dr Vijh recommends, did you buy that one? Any thoughts on it?

Its not as flat as I was fearing, Im happy with the natural looking shape now.  I suppose over time it will settle down even further.  Cant remember the make of garment I bought sorry but it resembled a black waistcoat with bra like hooks all the way down the front to pull it tight.

Anyway good luck with your surgery, Dr Vijh is great, let us know how it went.

Offline oiseau

Its not as flat as I was fearing, Im happy with the natural looking shape now.  I suppose over time it will settle down even further.  Cant remember the make of garment I bought sorry but it resembled a black waistcoat with bra like hooks all the way down the front to pull it tight.

Anyway good luck with your surgery, Dr Vijh is great, let us know how it went.

That is good to hear. Ah, I think it is the same, but I went for white. I'm looking forward to wearing it, the one Dr Vijh gives you is very uncomfortable.

Thanks, I think it has gone well. I don't really want to look at my chest properly yet because it's going to take some getting used to it, but I saw it when Dr Vijh came in to see me (although he had to encourage me to look at it). He was really happy with how it was looking – "flat as a pancake," he said. I might make a thread with more detail because I think Dr Vijh deserves a bit more attention on this forum, he seems like a really nice guy, and obviously a great surgeon. My pre-op pictures aren't the best though, so I'm not sure yet.

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
Just a quick update on my recovery.  I remember people saying that it can take up to a year to heal fully and this I can agree with.  6 months since my surgery and the feeling has fully returned to both sides of my chest and nipples.  Dr Vijh advised that it may never return however some people report that it does.

For a while my chest felt like 2 numb pads with no feeling, but now it feels completely normal again (although I was say that there is probably STILL some form of healing going on inside).

Still look at my chest every day and feel happy that I took the plunge and had it done :)

Offline pct2014

• Posting Member
Just a quick comparison shot of where I was before the op, and where I am now 8 months post op.  Such a difference!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024