Author Topic: Gyne @ 41 Yrs...  (Read 20105 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bambu - I gotta tell you.  When I get on this site, I look forward to your updated pics.  Phenomenal results in such a short time.

You look like you're healing very quickly.  Are you eating any special diet, getting x-tra sleep, eating more or doing any form of exercise. How are you healing so quickly? Maybe it's all those Heinekens.

You've got a big rib cage.

jc....

I'm glad that you have enjoyed checking out my recovery progress. However, now that most of the bruising/swelling has gone down and not much more to see, I will be taking pics only once a week instead of once a day.

Yeah, it's ironic that you mention healing time as I was worried about how I would heal up. Usually, my body does not heal very quickly these days. :-/

No 'special' diet. I try to eat as healthy as possible. I go to Weight Watchers to keep focused on healthy eating. I have a Gym membership but have not gone since the 14th of Feb. JCF said no exercise for at least two weeks Post-Op. It's been two weeks now, so I'm going to the Gym today for a few hours.

Usually my sleep patterns are all messed up as I am a shift worker ( Days:  7am - 7pm  /  Nights: 7pm - 7am ). Sometimes I get no sleep at all before a shift :o. That is brutal let me tell you! However, I took two weeks early vacation to recover/heal from the Op and took advantage of the time off and slept very well ;).

I have cut back big time on the Heiny drinking. Still have to loose another 30-40 lbs. Still enjoy the ocasional 6 pack though.

Yes, I have a very big ribcage. That's what made my Gyne look bigger than is was. Gyne on top of an already protruding chest :o. Not a good combination!

John.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 10:53:25 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I know it sounds stupid, but I was a bit too embarresed to take before pics just before the op.

Hey, that's not 'stupid' at all Dude! If you were not comfortable taking 'Before' pics, who's to say any different. I don't mind showing my 'Before' pics at all. Infact, I showed them to the company nurse at work today. Also, I am getting a little more comfortable talking to others about it ( family, friends, work buddies etc... ). The two things that I hated most about having Gyne was the nasty coments and not being able to wear just a T-shirt.

John.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 11:08:33 PM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Lookin good brotha, is that tatoo new its bad ass. So how u feelin these days hope like a new man.  I was really think about taking a vaction and see ur doc. Got some family in canada so figired kill two birds with one stone. Let me no how u doin,, GOD bless..

Hey CML...

Yes, tattoo is new. Got it cut on March 16th. It's all scabbed over now and starting to peel.

Feeling great, thanks for asking. Feels great to be able to wear just a t-shirt. ;)

Dr. Fielding does excellent work! He would be a good choice as your PS.

Where abouts in Canada does your family live? I'm im Brampton, Ontario 15 min. from Fieldings office.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Soory havent got back to you been real busy with the new house..

Not a problem my man!  ;)

I hear ur not happy with one of ur nipples is this true.

Yes, my right areola is a bit puffed out and there is a hard lump at the bottom of the areola :-/. I have been told that the hard lump is just scar tissue that will eventually dissolve and the puffy areola will diminish.

When u bend over do they sag at all cause when i bend over they sag reallly bad :)

Yes, you have a severe case of Gyne. For sure the will sag when you are bent forward. Mine did also Pre-Op. :-/

Do U mean is my chest saggy now? Yes a little bit but that is just excess BF. I still need to loose some more BF. It's been a slow process so far but I'll get there...  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 05:52:08 PM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Its just that i need to motivate myself and lose those extra pounds but i will do it.

I'm approx 30 pounds overweight and JCF never mentioned loosing the excess body fat. I'm sure that Doc Fielding would not make losing 15 pound a condition of surgery like the other doctor. Bermant was it?

John.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005

I'm approx 30 pounds overweight and JCF never mentioned loosing the excess body fat. I'm sure that Doc Fielding would not make losing 15 pound a condition of surgery like the other doctor. Bermant was it?

John.

In another thread Bermant said he operates on patients that are a little over weight..as well he says that being under your comfortable weight going into surgery is as bad as being over that weight...I guess he would look at the individual case before just automatically refusing..

Bambu, Have you lost weight since the surgery?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Bambu, Have you lost weight since the surgery?

Yes, approx 10 pounds.

29 pounds to go. I want to get back down to 170. I am 199 now....

John.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 09:24:45 AM by Bambu »

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
Lose the weight before the surgery. This should be a point of honor.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

CML....

Thanks for the kind words my man!

Glad to hear that you are close to getting your Gyne removed. Mom and Dad are supportive as well, that's awesome! You'll feel like a new man when your moobs are gone!

Keep us in the loop...  and may the Force be with YOU always!

John...

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Bambu, your wife must be impressed, I mean with the weight loss as well.

Is it a good idea to drop weight before the surgery?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Bambu, your wife must be impressed, I mean with the weight loss as well.

Well, Patricia had no probs with my moobs. Still, she supported my decision to have the op.

As for loosing the extra pounds.... we are both on the Weight Watcher program and support each other with our weight loss goals.

Is it a good idea to drop weight before the surgery?

Dropping 'excess' pounds is always a good thing. Anytime that you can be healthier for a surgical proceedure is also a good thing IMO.

John.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:45:50 AM by Bambu »

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Let's see some may pics maybe?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Let's see some may pics maybe?

Pics updated on Friday the 13th. of May.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

3 new pics Jan 01, 2006....

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024