Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 8015 times)

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member

Hiding the best and bandages won't be hard -- the part of you not having something that sticks out of your chest will.

Didn't you have any body odor problems for not showering a week?

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Hiding the best and bandages won't be hard -- the part of you not having something that sticks out of your chest will. I can't really think of much but you could tell your parents that you're hitting the gym this week and if they ask about it just tell them that you trained very hard and lost a lot of weight.

I'm in great physical shape and as far as my parents and friends are concerned I have no "gyne". I have been working out at the gym since April 2007, and since then I have been wearing the under armor compression t-shirts on a daily basis, it hides the gyne and gives me a flat chest look.

Anyways, I could still use the gym excuse if ever they notice my bandages or something, and I could say I pulled something when i went to the gym on monday night, and while I was in Toronto on tuesday I had to go see a doctor.

The thing is, I'm looking at the forecast for the up coming week, and my surgery is next week...and the weather should be around +20c. So I hope I don't get too hot under a sweatshirt.   

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
just out of curiously, how did you manage to get a surgery appointment without ever seeing your surgeon? or have you visited him in Toronto before?

I had my consultation with Fielding yeterday. I got there late, as my flight from Montreal to Toronto was delayed. But I had advised Leslie in advance.

Does your provincial insurance cover it or not?

Provincial (with the exception of Quebec) Health Care covers everything except Lipo.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member
just out of curiously, how did you manage to get a surgery appointment without ever seeing your surgeon? or have you visited him in Toronto before?

I had my consultation with Fielding yeterday. I got there late, as my flight from Montreal to Toronto was delayed. But I had advised Leslie in advance.

Does your provincial insurance cover it or not?

Provincial (with the exception of Quebec) Health Care covers everything except Lipo.

GB

I'm so sorry, is Gynecomastia removal technically considered a Liposucktion?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm so sorry, is Gynecomastia removal technically considered a Liposucktion?

No...

GRS (Gynecomastia Reduction Surgery) usually involves two procedures. One is excision (cutting out) of the mammary gland and the other is liposuction (fat removal).

Many Insurance Companies consider GRS (both excision and lipo) as a 'Cosmetic' surgery and therefore refuse to pay out. In Canada, all (afaik) provincial health care with the exception of Quebec, pay for excision and all hospital fees. What the patient must pay for out of his own pocket is the fee for Lipo. Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure and therefore is not covered under any health care plan.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024