Author Topic: A quick survey;: Soft cup or underwire? Why do you prefer it?  (Read 6976 times)

justwayne

I've been wearing soft cups, also. I had an underwire in the past that was uncomfortable but that was when I first began bra shopping. Now that I know the size and cup for each brand that I have, I think I'm going to retry the underwire. As people on the forum have commented,  underwire gives a better shape and when the proper size, gives better support. Im in!

I don't flaunt my breasts but they're very noticeable with or without a bra. So, like I've said, if I'm going to have them, I want them to look good. And a nice shape with support would be great!!!

Offline littleone

• Posting Member
90% of the time I wear an underwire.  I haven't found too many non-wired bras that suit me.  I feel much more secure in an underwired bra.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Soft cup for me, but probably because I don't see a need to deviate from them yet.

I just got reminded about bra construction and the term M Frame was mentioned. I didn't actually realize until then that three out of the four bras that I commonly wear are constructed that way!

For me, the look is just as important as the function, if not more so. If I like the look, I feel more confident, etc. and I definitely like that look!

Down the track I guess the situation might be different but I'll deal with that then.

Offline blad

Over the years my bra wardrobe has been almost exclusively soft cup with a few exceptions. Just the taste in my selections.

I was about to order a few underwire options when the wife protested that it will make my breasts protrude more and draw attention. (And why do I need more bras when I have more than she does).

As a rule, do you think an underwire increases projection of the breasts?
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Good question, and I think the answer is “it depends”.

Different bra styles and your shape and size matter the most I think.
At my size I find underwire gives me the best support and at 40DD I need it. However, bra style controls projection and jiggle. Jiggle can be more of a giveaway than slightly more projection and better shape. It really depends on the situation and I choose what’s the best bra and layering for the situation.

Offline Johndoe1

I have some that do and some that don't. I can projection from a softcup if its cut a certain way. Not as much as an underwire, but still projection.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I have soft cup and lace underwire bras that are great for warm weather.  I find them comfortable, but with some projection.  My padded demi cup bras definitely project.  Honestly, C/D cup breasts will project, no matter what you do.  

I'm just glad that wear a bra period.  It was a long time coming, but every much needed.

Offline Johndoe1

I love my Wacoal Halo Lace underwire bra. It's very light and airy which makes it good for hot weather wear, and lace is very good at support vs its weight. The cups on this bra are all lace and gives a wonderful shape to the breast tissue and is very comfortable to wear in heat. It took a little time for me to get my head around wearing lace, but once I started to wear this bra, I fell in love with it. It's lightweight but very supportive and cool to wear. I can't recommend it enough.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:31:09 PM by Johndoe1 »

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I wore the Wacoal Halo Lace for a year of more and loved it.  However, the wires in the C cup were just a bit too small.  After searching, the Soma C cup wire fit me better. However, I loved the bra and it certainly is good in warm weather. I loved the way the black looked on me as well.

Offline littleguy

• Posting Member

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
right now sports bras, pull overs have a couple of hook sports bras. trying to find regular bras in 46c  dont like lace or prints. have one regular bra put the cup size is off, a little to big in the cup. size charts say I should be a D so I went with C probably need a B. I also noticed that between companies sizes differ for the same size.who has preferences for a brand they like. right now mine is Rhonda Shear and Hanes. looking also at fruit of the loom

bikerbob

I find that I wear one size in an underwire and something completely different in non wire.  Like many of you, I have nearly as much boob under my arms as I do on my chest.  I wear Rhonda Shear pullovers most of the time.  They don't lift and shape like an underwire, but they stop things from jiggling.  I found a nice 42B with molded cups in a thrift store but was disappointed to find that I didn't fill the cups.  However, when I stuff my breasts into an underwire bra, I can wear most 42Cs.  My wife can wear the same size in underwire and non wired, but I can't.  It seems we have similar volume but it is located in different places.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I find that I wear one size in an underwire and something completely different in non wire.  Like many of you, I have nearly as much boob under my arms as I do on my chest.  I wear Rhonda Shear pullovers most of the time.  They don't lift and shape like an underwire, but they stop things from jiggling.  I found a nice 42B with molded cups in a thrift store but was disappointed to find that I didn't fill the cups.  However, when I stuff my breasts into an underwire bra, I can wear most 42Cs.  My wife can wear the same size in underwire and non wired, but I can't.  It seems we have similar volume but it is located in different places.
have you tried a 40c usually if you go down a band size you might find you get a better fit

Busted (and happy)

Far more comfortable and cooler in unwired.
More projection,yes but far better support.  
No nipple soreness and better immobilisation whilst running and descending stairs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024