Author Topic: Doc Trouble? Surgery Questionable for me? Confused...  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Jstall

• Posting Member
O.K. I have puffy nipples and I recently had a post on here not too long ago.  I recently decided to visit a few doctors to find one that I like and go for the surgery.  I went to three consultations and all three doctors told me basically that I was crazy and I had no business being at a plastic surgeon.  I feel completely differently about it, im 17 years old and ive had it  puffy nipples since about 12 years old.  I recently lost 65lbs from 238lbs to about 173lbs and im 5'11. All three doctors said my physical shape was excellent. All of the surgeons that I saw were experienced well know surgeons in the palm beach area.  One surgeon said he would do the procedure, but he didn't recommend me going through with it because he said there is very little gland. The other doctors said they wouldn't even consider touching me because they said there is little gland and they see no problem, they say I just have a little puffier nipples than usual. This has been bothering me for many years and I always thought I was going to get surgery, but the responses just are not turning out the way I thought they would from the doctors. I believe there is excess gland behind there because my nipples stick out pretty far from what I see and I always considered myself to be a good candidate for surgery as I have seen cases like mine on this website that did the surgery, obviously these doctors thought otherwise. Anyways opinions please and here are some pictures and my old post...P.S. I actually lost another 10lbs since the pictures... http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17009.0

Offline Jstall

• Posting Member

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
You definitely have puffy nipples, the reason you were turned away is because those surgeons probably don't do this kind of surgery.  I would have thought you would have figured it out by now that you need to find someone who specializes in gyne surgery, haven't you seen and read enough posts where people got butchered and had to get multiple surgeries?  You are lucky you were turned away and one of them didn't just try to fix it even though they didn't even know what you wanted fixed.  I think Pope is in Florida, I don't anything about him but he posts here often so that's a start.  You should do more research on him and if he checks out just make the drive and get a consult.  My surgery was with Bermant and my nipples were a little less puffier than yours.  He knew exactly what I wanted and I got a nearly perfect result.  So basically the guys you saw had no idea what they were looking at and had no idea what gyne was at all.  The lesson is that you need to be really careful about how you go about picking a ps, so don't worry about it and just keep looking until you find someone who has the experience and the confidence to do it.  You may even need to travel out of state, but peace of mind and a successful surgery will definitely be worth it at the end of the day.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024