Author Topic: Detailed Experience - Dr. Sean Lille Scottsdale, AZ  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Tman

Hi everyone! During my research into gynecomastia surgery, I wanted to know everything. So, I'd like to offer that here to anyone who thinks the same way I do.

I did a little research on surgeons in my area and ultimately (after 5 years of searching) decided on Dr. Sean Lille (scottsdaleplasticsurgeon . com). I booked my consultation for April 14th and so began my journey. Booking the consultation with Dr. Lille was painless and his staff are AMAZING. They even called me when they had an opening that was convenient for me!

Anyway, Dr. Lille impressed me with his confidence and professionalism and I booked my Pre-op appointment for 5/22/12 and surgery for 5/23/2012

The weeks leading up to surgery were possibly some of the longest weeks of my life! I read and researched everything and just about gave myself a heart attack worrying about pain, complications, etc.

The day of the pre-op I left work early and arrived at Dr. Lille's office around 3:30. I was taken back to a room where I was met my Dr. Lille's nurse Mikaela. She took some vitals (BP, pulse, weight, medications, etc) and said Dr. Lille would be in shortly after. The doc came in and assessed my gyno and decided that I would get the best results from transaxillary liposuction with bilateral gland excision through the areola. He finished up and had Mikaela bring in and go over all of my prescriptions.

Keflex - antibiotic, 4 tablets 4 x per day for 10 days
Demerol- pain, 1-2 tablets every 4 hours as needed
Tramadol- pain, 1-2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours
Zofran- post-op nausea, 1 every eight hours if needed

SURGERY DAY

I was scheduled for a 7:30 AM surgery so I arrived at the surgery center at 5:30 AM. After filling our some paperwork, I was called back into the intake area. The nurse there took my vitals along with a pre-op EKG and then she had be switch into a Bairpaws gown lol. These are special operative gowns/ compression socks they use that attach to an air hose to keep you warm/cool. Anyway, after that they brought me to a partitioned room with a bed, monitors, etc. and had me hop into bed where she attached my heater hose and went on her way.

The nurse then came and introduced herself and made some idle chat and allowed me some time to get comfortable. After a minute or two, she came back and told me she was going to place my IV in my hand. Now, I HATE needles to the point where it's completely irrational. And, honestly, this was the worst part of the whole process. She chatted with me before finally sticking me in the hand. It burned like hell for a few minutes but once the catheter was in the pain began to subside. Then my family was allowed to come hang out with me before the anesthesiologist and surgeon came to talk to me. The surgeon came first and drew some topographical style markings on my chest and made any last minute adjustments to his plan. They then verified that I was willingly there for a bilateral gynecomastia reduction, I signed a form, and then the anesthesiologist came to give me my "margarita."

For those of you who don't know, the pre-op margarita was Versed (midazolam) which is used to relieve pre-op anxiety and induce amnesia so that the patient doesn't remember very much leading up to the operation. As the drugs took effect I was feeling GREAT LOL. Man that's some good shit. Anyway, they wheeled me to the operating room and had me scoot over onto the table where the anesthesiologist placed a mask over my face and started me on 100% oxygen. After a few breaths he then began me on 4% sevoflurane gas. I could smell the gas but continued to breathe and within a few seconds I was out.

I woke up in reconvery with ZERO pain, ZERO nausea, and ZERO fatigue. My anesthesiologist was a rockstar to say the least. The nurse came over and administered two 25 mg boluses of Demerol to stop me from shivering (a common side effect of anesthesia). After a few minutes, she asked if I was in any pain and if I would like some percocet. I wasn't in any pain yet but I knew it was better to stay on top of it so I took two 5 mg oxycodone/ 325 mg acetaminophen tablets. They then had me stand up and walk over to these fancy recliner wheelchairs and practice sitting up for a minute or two. I was completely fine afterwards and experienced no adverse effects. Within minutes I was on my way out the door and on my way home.

Overall, my surgery experience was an A+ . My surgeon was wonderful and the anesthesiologist was a rockstar. I couldn't have chosen better!

Offline Cunnegan

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Tman! I'm also looking into Dr. Liall right now (also interested in Dr. Malek in Scottsdale). Was it the consultation that sold you? I have yet to set an appointment, I'm just brainstorming at the moment. How is everything going for you now, with all of these months behind you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024