Author Topic: From bliss in the morning to discomfort in the evening  (Read 355 times)

Offline gotgyne

Meanwhile I've reached exactly this stage many women experience. In the morning their bra is pure bliss but in the evening they are glad without it. I must add that it is a really good fitting and comfortable bra, not too narrow and with wide straps and back with three rows of hooks and eyes. Nevertheless it's a feeling of relief after I took it off, which I mostly do two hours before going to sleep.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Johndoe1

No, you are not misinterpreting it at all. Even bras that are comfortable do require enough tension around the torso to properly support the breasts. Larger/heavier the breasts, the more tension and compression is required to maintain support. Remember that 80% of support is supplied by the band hence the need for the tightness. After hour upon hour upon hour of restriction and little to change in constriction, the body begins to rebel. By nightfall, what was once bliss becomes torture. The body demands release. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Online Sophie

• Silver Member
I know that I have professed the benefits and advantages of wearing an underwire bra for a while. However I also found myself experiencing the "bliss" of taking off my bra at the end of the day. It was actually my wife who pointed out to me. She pointed out the fact that I started with the "Ahhhhhhh" as a sign of relief when I took off my bra.

I wear a bra for about 16 hours a day. Don't get me wrong. I love the benefits that my bras provide me and would never go braless. I had been wearing shapermint bras around the house and occasional errands and they are super comfy. I decided to see if I could manage without an underwire, so I tried one of these.

Vertvie Womens Seamless Bras No Underwire Scalloped Push Up Bras Soft Wireless Comfort Bralettes Full Coverage Everyday Bra
 https://a.co/d/cSRF73s

I am very happy with the shape and support that it gives me. My underwires are still my go-to bas. Depending on my top or dress that I wear, it really does the trick.

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
  I'm glad you brought this up.  I have felt that way myself.  Last night, 9 ish, I just felt like I wanted that thing off.  That wasn't the first time and I can't attribute it to the weather and it being warmer.  I hesitated to say anything because I felt everyone would suggest I was improperly fitted.  I feel the band and cup size is spot on, I just wanted the band off.  In the morning I had the reverse feeling.  It was like an AH moment when I felt the band hugging me and things properly place in the cups.  I guess my breast just wanted to "relax", breath and...be.  Kinda like my feet enjoying the freedom when removing my hiking shoes and socks after a nice days hike.  Freedom and fresh air.  

John Doe I think you said it correctly,   "By nightfall, what was once bliss becomes torture. The body demands release"

Offline Johndoe1

Torture might have been a bit harsh because I personally don't see bra wearing as torture. But you are securing two mounds of glands and adipose (potentially several pounds) in a fairly restrictive garment that uses the rib cage for the foundation for its purpose. Tightening that garment around the rib cage is the only way to do it. That's why it's suggested that the snugness of the band should be as snug as you can comfortably stand for proper support, especially if you are well endowed, like some of us. 10 to 16 continous hours of this does slowly become uncomfortable as the skin is basically immobilized and pressed against the rib cage and lacking fresh air underneath the cloth and elastisine and underwires and seams and any potential side boning built into the bra to do its job. Those of us who have large breasts are familiar with the more engineered structure of our bras to support, lift and contain our larger breasts. All this added support comes at somewhat of a comfort cost. The presence of even the most comfortable bra is always present, even subconsciously. It's not unusual for me to have indented places when I remove my bra where the bra has sat undisturbed all day. This is normal. 

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get my bra on in the morning and get the girls settled down for the day. But I too, at the end of the day, can't wait to spring the girls from bra prison. But like everyone else who wears bras for their breast health, male or female, I too will not go out in public braless nor remove my bra until time, no matter what. Any discomfort is nothing compared to the feeling of the movement and loss of confidence I have in not being supported and contained. I admit I have become very dependent on my bra to get me through the day.

Online Sophie

• Silver Member
John, 
I liked what you said about needing the support when your breasts weigh several pounds each. My wife has commented to me on more than one occasion about that. We used to wear the same size for quite a while. After my thyroidectomy, I ballooned from a 38DD to a 38G/H in most of my bras. She lost quite a bit of weight and went from a 38DD to a 34C. I was able to lose some weight and I wear a 36G/H. My wife has told me several times that she loves my boobs and is glad that she doesn't have to carry them around all day! ☺️

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Having just gone from a measured 44 C/D to a 44 D/DD, I can feel the ‘ plumping out’ effect of the Prolactinoma. This change to Shapermint bras from stout sports bras has brought this discussion home to me. Late in the evening I can sympathize and have enjoyed switching from a high side paneled bra back to a softer bra. It IS about comfort and support. 
   Not torture, just a change to a new feeling of comfort. It’s good to have the boobs out of my armpits while out, no need to look good at home in the evening.
To each his own …

Regards, Bob

Offline blad

By the end of the day I actually feel reluctant to take my bra off as it just feels right while wearing one. But I know the boobs need a rest at night from their containment. By the morning they are looking forward to another day cradled in a bra. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline gotgyne

I feel relief after taking my bra off in the evening. But I must admit, that my breasts look much better with a bra, they don't sag and the nipples are more centered.

Online Sophie

• Silver Member
I feel relief after taking my bra off in the evening. But I must admit, that my breasts look much better with a bra, they don't sag and the nipples are more centered.
I think that EVERYONE of us feel the same way. I think that "look better in a bra" can be a subjective phrase. I happen to agree with you. I definitely like my breasts to be front and center! I bra gives me the shape and support that I want and need to get me through my day. 

On the other hand, my wife does appreciates my selection of bras that bring the girls "front and center " ,but when I'm undressing, she will come to me for a hug and unhook my bra to get to my boobs. She likes me braless and topless so she can play!

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Johndoe1

Shortly after I started wearing a bra, a female friend came to me one day in private and said, "It's about time. You weren't fooling anyone! You look much better now supported." Women know these things! My male friends have never noticed. If they had, I would have heard about it. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024