Author Topic: Valium and testosterone  (Read 3676 times)

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
Hi,

does someone know whether valium (diazepam), which I sometime take for sleeping aid, can cause lowering of testosterone levels?
Thanks.

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Yes, I believe it does indirectly.  It is known for causing gynecomastia.  I think I remember reading that it raises prolactin which in turn ofsets your Test and Estrogen balance.

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
Do you think there would be a problem if you drink it only occasionaly. That means, not every day, not even every week.
I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep, and then in the middle of the night I get angry not being able to sleep, so I take a handfull of these pills, and they knock me out good for some time.

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
Not sure, really depends on your body and what it does to your hormones. Everyone is different and responds differently, but I believe Valium is one of the longer lasting medications so one tablet stays in your system for 2-3 days, so a handful could stay in your system for even longer then that.  Best to talk to your Doctor about your concerns as they would be more knowledgeable on the subject.

Here is some info, check under "Causes"

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gynecomastia/DS00850/DSECTION=causes
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:09:16 PM by Doomed »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024