Author Topic: Poland/Baranski  (Read 7823 times)

Offline r1

• Posting Member
Hi all, I have a few questions for those who used Baranski....

I originally went to the NHS, but the waiting list is very long etc. and after one consultation I wasnt very confident with the plastic surgeon as he wanted to only do lipo even though he did cinfirm there was gland there, this made me think he wasnt confident himself in doing the operation.

I never even considered going abroad, until i read some of the threads on here, I want it doing this summer, and although I have nowhere near £1500 at the moment, I am confident I will be able to get my hands on it within 6 weeks If I put my mind to it.

So my questions are:

1) What information does the clinic send out, as I do not want anyone in my family to find out about this, would they be able to email me any information. (I'm worried enough about my plane tickets being accidentally opened, nevermind an information pack!).

2) Has anyone who felt they needed a revision, had one done with no problems?? I know Gaz was not happy and will have to pay extra.

3) Will the compression vest be O.K to get through the metal detectors, as someone mentioned they have metal buckles on them?

4) If all went well, how long did the bruising/scarring last (I know everyone is different, but just so's I can get an idea). And how long did you guys wear the compression vest for??

5) How long in advance would I have to email to arrange the operation??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
Hi there.

The clinic dont send anything to you.

You can email them with your private email address or talk over the phone.

When you have had your operation, they give you a sheet of paper with the operation description and procedure on there for you to keep.

It shows you when you will need your stitches out too.

Yes i feel i do but see my post on the topic and they have said that i need a totally different operation.

Yes the buckles on them are fine to go through metal detectors at the airports, the friend i went with had a vest with buckles on and everything was fine.

You have to wear the compression vest for the first 2 months. After the initial 2 month period, you can then wear the vest either night or day.

From the emails which were to arrange the operation, it was around 8 weeks until the actual operation.

Hope this helps.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
Hi r1

The operation can be arranged over the phone with Andreas

The tickets can be booked from www.ryanair.com online and the tickets printed off your pc.

I reccomend you wait about 12 weeks so that the summer has gone as the compression vest can be very hot.

You shouldnt really be thinking about revisions yet as full results can and in most cases will take 12 months to get there :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I reccomend you wait about 12 weeks so that the summer has gone as the compression vest can be very hot.

You shouldnt really be thinking about revisions yet as full results can and in most cases will take 12 months to get there :)

I endorse BOTH of the points above.

I had my surgery in October in the UK and I was still hot wearing the bandages and then the compression vest 24/7 for the first couple of months.  I couldn’t possibly imagine wearing it in the summer at all.  I would have melted.

Patience is the key to recovery.  I read so many times of people panicking when the swelling goes up and down months later.  That is normal, and the shape of your chest will improve quite quickly at first, and then much more slowly over the 3 to 12 months period, so much so, you won’t notice it.  So allow the full 12 months.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline r1

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice, very helpful. To be honest im not too bothered about being hot/un-comfortable, i'd just rather have it done with by September/October, at the moment I wear my jacket when its hot anyway, which means im hot all the time anyway! Ive got the choice of a lads holiday or this, if i put it off any more ill probably just spend the money and be back to square one. I'd love to go away but i would be self-conscious when at the pool etc. (As i was when ive been away before, but they were still the best holidays ever!).

I'm just going to get a bit leaner, keep saving and try and get a cancellation with my surgeon on the NHS, if i can get it done there quite soon, i'll probably have it done on the NHS then, if he didnt do a very good job, go to Poland. I'm just scared he'll leave scars, and it will be a bit embarrassing getting it done on the NHS.

Did you guys see your GP first to tell him your going to get it done and arrange to have stitches out??

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Did you guys see your GP first to tell him your going to get it done and arrange to have stitches out??

If you are having your surgery done on the NHS, the General Practitioner (GP) will have to know as the referral to the NHS Plastic Surgeon (PS) comes from him/her in the first place.  The PS will then report back to the GP post surgery.  If you are having the surgery done privately then of course you don’t need a referral from your GP you just make your own appointment to see the Plastic Surgeon, in which case you do not HAVE to tell your GP anything if you don’t want to.  However I think it would be wise to keep your GP informed unless you have very strong reasons not to.

As regards stitches; it will depend on what the PS uses.  Mine used a couple of dissolvable ones for the tiny incisions under my armpit.  Normally they wouldn’t need any attention but I hate that tugging sensation they produce after a week or so, so I went along to the practice nurse to get her to snip and pull them out.  Another good reason to keep your GP informed.

Whatever you decide .. all the very best of luck to you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024