Author Topic: FINALLY DID IT! Puffy Nipples no MORE !  (Read 18958 times)

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
After living with this for a long time, I finally had the surgery done yesterday morning.

For Lipo it was 2000, to remove the breast tissue it was 500, and anesthesiologist fee was another 500.  For $3000 in Southern CA, you can't beat the price.  The Dr I went with specializes in dealing with Asian clients so gynecomastia isn't something he sees all the time, but he did an awesome job (Worked at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital Plastics).  Plus I saved more than a few thousand.

I went back to get my dressings changed today and it was an AMAZING difference.  I have stitches going across the bottom of my nipples and two drainage holes.

Pain so far as been minimal.

I can already tell my chest is going to be completely flat and I had very pointy, puffy nipples.

I can already feel a difference in how I feel inside, can't wait to finally be able to go swimming and lay out at the beach.

Here's a picture of my chest with the swelling.  Look at the flatness of the nipple, it used to protrude about 2-3 inches.  I figure it will be even flatter once the swelling goes down:
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3564/cimg0858ty9.jpg

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
congrats and welcome to the other side buddy

x2  dude!

Congrats!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
I would have never gone through with the surgery if not for this site.

I've been looking into it since college, but with all the facts, info, and support on these boards, I decided to go through with it (I'm 26 now).

I just wish I had done it sooner.

What really sucks is that I'm supposed to have an excellent health plan (teacher), but bluecross denied it because they said it was cosmetic.

I don't think people realize just how hard it is to deal with gynecomastia unless they have it.

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3637/cimg0872dz6.jpg

new picture post op.

u can still see the marker lines, but i think its coming out well.

Offline hertog88

• Bronze Member
  • I'm a bad, bad boy

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
looks good , do you have before pix

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
my surgeon took them right before surgery.  ill ask him to email them to me and post them.  let me tell you, this feeling after the surgery is indescribable. 

i WISH i had done this years ago and im only 26. 

i didnt have much fat to lipo, only half a cup total he said, but the excision was what did it.  The left gland in particular was about the size of a ping pong ball.

Offline S.D.

• Posting Member
  • Damn You Nature!
So you had excision and some lipo.... How are the scars coming along??

Offline DM

congratz man whos ur surgeon? im looking for one in so cal too

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
He's based in Diamond Bar and Santa Monica.  He worked out of the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and from the results I have so far, he did an EXCELLENT job, especially considering how much I paid since it seems to be at least a couple thousand than the average.

PM me and I'll pass on your info to him...his assistant answers all questions over the phone and is very helpful.
----

1 question for others who have had the surgery, i noticed a bit of hard tissue about the size of an almond where the lipo took place.  Can anyone explain what this is and if it will go away?  You can't "see" it, but I can feel it when I rub the corner or my chest area.  It is not anywhere near where the incisions where made.  Thanks!

Offline dwele_g

• Posting Member
Just out of curiosity. How old are you? How long did you notice that you had puffy nips? Was it pubertal at all?

Loads of q's sorry but am very curious.

Thanks
Dwele

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
just had my surgery up in vancouver cananda.It was on saturday so i haven't seen anything without the bandages. I had the same problem as you. my nipples stuck out 2 to 3 in. I specified to the Dr that this was my main concern so hopefully everything turns out alright. Congrats on your case man

Offline flex1appeal

He stated he was 26 bro.

Congrats and it looks great!

Offline seoulbrova

• Posting Member
currently 26, i started noticing it happening around middle school.  at first i just thought it was because i was kind of heavy, so to hide it, i started to slouch and gain weight because if my stomach came out further than my chest, i figured it wouldnt look as bad.

bad idea, as i became borderline diabetic during college.  ive lost the weight but i still have some flab on my stomach and stretch marks.

still, i cant explain the difference you feel walking around, not having to be self conscious about your nipples/chest.  i remember at one party, one of my friend's girlfriend was grabbing all the guy's chests and when she pinched my near the end of the night, she gasped for a second and said, "Whoa...uh nice pecs."  and this was after i got down to 170 from 240 lbs.  it wasnt even breast fat that she grabbed, it was the  nipple/breast tissue.

after that night, i saved every bit of extra money thinking it would cost about 5 to 7 thousand, but this DR did it for 3 so things worked out.
--
any answers for the hard tissue from other people who have had the surgery done?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024