Author Topic: 4 years on from op - is it coming back?  (Read 2456 times)

Offline smirnoffice

Hi there, thanks to this site and message board I picked up enough courage to see my NHS GP in early 2003 and showed him my gyne and he referred me to a surgeon who agreed that it was gyne and I had the op in April 2003. I didn't have a comprssion vest but the padding was tight.

After taking it off and when the swelling had gone down etc. I was delighted with the results. I could now actually wear polo shirts without feeling 100% self concious all the time. I have been very happy with everything, scars under nipples are tiny etc. until a few months back when I have started to notice a bit of flabbiness around the nipples, mainly underneath and under the arms etc (like bingo wings lol).

If I was being critical I would also says that my chest concaves a little rather than it being flat as a pancake. It's hard to moan though when I think back on how I used to look. I had it al done for free on the NHS.

Now this is only tiny in comparrison to what was there before, full on B cups, but I am concerned that it may come back in some shape of form. I used to wear 2 t-shirts underneath everything in the hope that no one could notice my gyne. In fact in the 4 years since my op not one person has mentioned anything about it, although I do often spot people looking at my chest area in puzzlement. Either that or I am being paranoid and they actually aren't.

I may be slightly different to others on here as from a young boy I have had to have testosterone implants as my body itself doesn't produce enough on it's own. I firstly had an injection every month but from about 10 years ago I have been having 600 mg small pellets inserted into the belly area 3 times a year (3 x 200mgs each). This is so my testosterone levels are mantained. Without them I guess I would not have grown as well.

I based my gyne on the fact that my hormones have had such a strange history, which is why the surgeon who puts my implants in each time did the op (his speciality though is women with breast cancer etc.) on the NHS for me.

The implant op is no big deal as it only takes 10 minutes 3 times a year. The small scars on my belly, coupled with my gyne op means I still would be uncomfortable taking my top off amongst friends (all of which no nothing about it).

My wife knows everything so I'm not too worried about anything in life really, just wondering if anyone else has had them return and have they had a 2nd op at all? I have recently lost half a stone in weight though so i'm wondering if when I was a bit bigger I just didn't notice it?

My advice to anyone thinking of taking the plunge - do it, it changes your quality of life no end. Just don't want the bleeders to come back!!

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
sounds to me like your skin needs toning up
this will pull your flesh tight to your body
if concerned see a doctor anmd voice your concern.
Its obviously worring you enough to mention it here so try to get it sorted :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024