Author Topic: Swelling returns after 26 days??  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Hmm...just when I though the swelling on my RHS has all but gone, today it has swollen up again, although not badly, but to about the position it was 1 week ago....

Very disheartening.....!

Has anyone else had this happen to them? ???

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I suppose this will happen in accordance with what you are doing from day to day. Maybe if you're more active on one day then any swelling will increase due to higher blood flow. I'm not too sure.

If I were you I'd just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or doesn't go down after a few days then give your surgeon a ring. (Can't remember if you went with Levick or not, but if so give him a ring. He's more than willing to answer any questions over the phone).

All the best.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
How strange that this topic came up -
I'm now 2 weeks post op and had practically no swelling whatsoever.  However, the last couple of days I've noticed they might be swelling, LHS especially (and the gyne was worse on this side pre-op as well)
Can swelling just occur randomly?  My chest was like a pool table last week, I want that back!!!!
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Semms like ti can come back. The thing that I find most disappointing is that the swelling has been slowly but surely going down(it was BIG).....but overnight it has increased quite considerably for no apparent reason....

Damn...I just wish itd go away! Im due to see Mr Levick on the 25th so Im sincerely hoping that all will be well by then......

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
You sure it's swelling? To me it sounds more like the formation of scar tissue.

When I was Levick'd my swelling went down after 3 weeks but then scar tissue formed and pretty much took it's place.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024