Author Topic: My first titless summer  (Read 16598 times)

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
What follows is a breakdown of the physical, mental and spiritual changes I've gone thru since having this procedure, it felt very theraputic to write some of this stuff, hopefully people can see similarities in themselves, or find inspiration in the journey that this crazy affliction has taken me on:

Well, surgery back in October of 2006. Have been healing well since then. Surgery with Fielding, he did a good job. I think there is more skin tightening yet to come as I have noticed slight but, nonetheless noticable, differences as far as the skin really pulling into the chest.

As of 6 months or so I still had a bit of an "overhang", but I think that was due to residual swelling and also the fact I started working out after 6-8 weeks. I believe I was probably traumatizing the area a bit more and possibly slowed the final effect a bit. But it seems to be coming around now.

Only when it's REALLY hot outside do my nipples do any sort of expansion, and even then, it's NOTHING compared to the old rockets I used to have. I can confidently rip off my shirt, wear a wife beater, and wear any sort of shirt in the hot hot heat, at the beach suntan on my back without thinking about my breasts. It's quite a different way to live.

I have clothes in my closet that are like wearing new threads because they fit so differently.

One of the toughest things, well not tough, but adjustments I guess, has been just that. Adjusting. Going from having gyno, and being teased and ridiculed your whole life (25 years) to not being tortured for something we have no control over, is a different feeling. Expecting to see the awkward glances and finger pointing when your shirt is off, and then having people look you in the eye and just talk to you is very different. It was hard at first, because I still felt in my mind "Oh god, this guy is freaked about my nips, he's just trying to be nice." But truly nobody cares about it.

I spent so many hours in the gym working out, trying to get rid of that stupid crap and being ripped but still embarrassed because two parts of my body were bizarre in proportion. It's a weird feeling to not feel obligated to work out for vanity. My focus has changed to long-term health, lean-ness, and overall good athletic fitness. Not just to hide the ugly pointers I once had. Since adopting this mentality I've improved at all the sports I love: Snowboarding, wakeboarding, soccer, basketball. I think the embarrassment affected my athletic performance.

I had to put so much pressure on myself to be amazing at everything because if I wasn't, then I was just this below-average guy, who compounded with huge boobs, was nothing. At least that's the way I thought others felt, when it probably wasn't even close to that, years of enduring teasing makes one's mind warp to weird extremes.

As far as women goes, I always had a lot of hot girlfriends and lot of sex before the surgery. Even though I was conscious of my body in the bedroom, it was strangely one place I could let go and trust that girls would like me anyway. I don't know why that was so much easier, perhaps because I never was teased by a single girl, all thru school, and by any I was in a relationship with.

Since then though, I've been with a few girls and it feels great not to have to dread that first moment when my shirt comes off and hope and pray her reaction won't ruin things. In fact I'm so proud of my new body I've got to remind myself not to just throw off the shirt (and hers) too soon, gotta keep that foreplay alive ;)

I feel as though I'm equal to the women and men I'm with and around, not inferior as I did for so many years. It's so eff'd up to think of someone with gyne, or a birthmark on their face, or whatever it is that an individual has no control over, can be so isolated and made to think they are less than what they are because of a stupid genetic malady.

On a psychological note, once I was healed and started looking good in the chest, working out and losing the bit of bodyfat from the 2 months of inactivity, I almost started to get an ego. I was like "Ha, look at me now you fu*kers. I'm normal, up yours, you can't tease me anymore, now I can look for faults in you, you bastards."

And only recently have I realized that man, like in the paragraph above, we are what we are. I can be comfortable with myself, and just BE me. I don't have to out-do anyone, I don't have to cut someone down to boost my own psyche, I can just be. And that's the best thing about being post-op, but something I had to learn.

Because if you think about it, it's as though I have now lived two lives. One with gyne, and one without. Two completely different existences, with two completely different feelings. And the mind is very powerful. But this new life is one I'm very happy to embrace, and I think can be more open to people and myself and not be so uptight and worried and just relax and enjoy this beautiful life for what it is.

Thanks for reading, for anyone out there still going through gyne, do not be embarrassed or afraid to look at surgery as a step towards something better for you. It is a remedy to many things, but at the end of the day, gyne or not, there's a lot of mental healing to be done.

I haven't been on the boards much since my surgery, and I probably won't come around too much after this, it's nice to forget about gyne altogether.

So good luck to all who have had, will have, or are thinking about this procedure, it changed my life a lot, and hopefully others can experience a second-life as well.

Sincerely,

chopemoff

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
haha!

awesome man

post op now, hope to be feeling as good as u once swelling and healing is done

can't wait to egt back in the gym, gyne always made me feel like losing weight was impossible so I'm ready to really push myself, get the body I've always wanted, and be the person I've always wanted to be but could'nt.

GynO_DuDe

Same story as me then basically! ...

Titless & gone from 17 stone, to 14 n still losing  ... in the space of 8 months  ... I haven't even had my first titless summer yet.

CANNOT F*CK!NG WAIT TO SAY THE LEAST ...

Post-Op OWNS and your right, its the mental healing that takes time ...

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Same story as me then basically! ...

Titless & gone from 17 stone, to 14 n still losing  ... in the space of 8 months  ... I haven't even had my first titless summer yet.

CANNOT F*CK!NG WAIT TO SAY THE LEAST ...

Post-Op OWNS and your right, its the mental healing that takes time ...

Haha post-op rules 2weeks after the surgery!  It sucks now IMO, only on day 3 here.  Can't wait for a few more days; it's like a waiting game.

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
I had surgery a little more than 2 weeks ago, and this post made me think about something.

What will it be like to walk around shirtless post op?  I think it will be really weird...I can't imagine really being comfortable without a shirt on, because I just really never have anytime during the past 15 years.  I am sure that I will adjust over time, but being uncomfortable became such a side effect of being without a shirt on, or even just wearing a shirt that wasn't baggy enough.

In another post I talked about how the day before my surgery, my company gave out fleeces to everyone as a little end of the year gift.  I was given a "Large" and my first thought was how it won't be baggy enough for me to wear.  And then I quickly realized that my gyne wouldn't be an issue going forward, and it is just not an easy concept to accept.  I also have a couple of Large T shirts that people have bought me, but I never wore because they were too tight in the chest.  I put one on the other day and it fit well...like a Large shirt should for someone my size. 

Having a "normal" chest is just something to get used to.  It won't be easy or automatic, but I guess that is certainly a good problem to finally have!

I am going away to Jamaica for a vacation next month and it is really going to be weird...I almost think I will be more nervous than excited to be on the beach. 

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
Wow! This is a f***in' great thread!

I'm about 7 weeks post-op and just finally put on my stage 2 muscle t... just in shock still. Almost seems unreal, like a fantasy. Like I'm going to wake up any minute and see the twins hanging there again. The first week post-op I must be honest and almost had "separation anxiety"... almost like a part of me was gone and I missed it (scary I know) but remember I had gyno since I was 8 and I'm turning 33 this month.

So today was the first time I had on any kind of t-shirt and and unbuttoned shirt on top. Very surreal experience. Used to wearing 2-3 layers all the time and I can't wait for summer to have on just one! Just one, wow! After I drop another 10 pounds in the belly, THEN I'll go shirtless, haha. I've already lost 60+ pounds in prep for the surgery, and now post-op, the last 10 pounds will be cake.

Exciting, and just like many of you are saying, it's entirely and literally a new life ahead. I DID feel inferior before, and now I just feel so empowered, so motivated, so..... HAPPY! :D
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
This is a great thread.

I almost wish I never found this board.  Since coming here I have become so determined and excited for my surgery I can't stand it.  Everyday the first thing I do is read the latest posts.  Stuff like this just keeps me so motivated!

Since I have some more weight to lose my surgery is about 6-8 weeks away, I CANT STAND THE WAIT!!!!

Someday (MAY-JUNE) I hope to join you guys in posting from the other side. 

One observation, A positive of having gyno-- because of it I don't look at other people with the same frivolous eye that the teasers looked at me growing up.  I have sympathy for the disabled, crippled, overweight, and especially the ugly (bad word).  People who have visually unpleasant or different features have my compassion.

In one respect we, gyno sufferers, are lucky, we can have the surgery and make things better for $7K.  Some people would kill for that option.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
@emjay: yeah, it will be nervous i imagine for the first couple times without a shirt... i think the weird part will probably be NOT having people stare, to just 'fit' right in with everyone else will take time to get used to.

@Noseguard: hehe, yes! we will be waiting for you on the 'other side' as you say... there are plenty of seats still open, so don't worry! It is really weird posting on this site from the 'other side' (that's a great term you coined!) since there is still some disbelief... I imagine it will last for a good year or two.

It's been exactly 2 months post-op for me today. I still have another month or a little more I imagine to go and I think I'm 75-80% healed so far (I'm hoping to be 99% by June and able to go shirtless)... it gets harder and harder to wait!

Offline onesummer

• Posting Member
This thread is EXACTLY what I can't wait to be a part of, hence my username.  I've got tons of clothes given to me from girls, friends, and family that have just been sitting in my  closet for years.. and i always dream of the day i can actually wear them out.  I'm sick of always wearing hoodies up until the hottest days of summer, and then you have to wear all black/blue baggy t-shirts (and hope the wind doesn't blow against you.  u all know what i'm talking about, i'm sure.  i've got a consultation with dr. ganchi in north jersey in less than 4 weeks, and right now i'm sweating the financial stuff.  i have no credit history, and if getting some kind of loan and/or financing plan isn't possible, i might be screwed into waiting even longer.  i've got about 3k in the bank and i believe my surgeon charges about 4500 altogether for the procedure...

i am huge into fitness and weightlifting, and i think my form in a lot of power lifts will improve as i won't have to distort my posture to hide my breasts anymore.  i'm also a personal trainer, and it'll be good for business to be able to show off the physique i've worked so hard on.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
First titless summer for me too! I am only 11 days post op but I can already feel the excitement of going shirtless for the first time in my life.

Great thread by the way!  ;D
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

GynO_DuDe

LOL Only when I thought Spring was here it snowed like cr4p last night! haha ...

Summer here we come! .... 3 quarter lengths, sandals and t-shirts all the way! :D :D :D :D

Offline jett

• Posting Member
Anyone have surgery in nj, ny, or pa?

If so, with who?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024