Author Topic: Help please..been refered to nhs surgeon........  (Read 1929 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Finally I went to see my GP after many years. I got told that I dont have gyne I but they know how it affects people so she said she would refer me to an NHS surgeon for a second opinion. So, in 40 days time I have to travel 45 minutes to see this plastic surgeon. I got told that IF anything would be done they would not do lipo. I dont feel like I will get anything out of the nhs soim not sure its worth going. On the other hand, as I have an appointment maybe I should just go just to see what they have to say......any thoughts as to what I should do. I def think I have gyne.....and if nhs dont do anything I will seriously look into private.......it will change my life for sure if op is carried out corrrectly.

Your thoughts are appreciated

Offline outertrial

If I could afford it I wouldnt go to the NHS for anything. If you can reasonably afford the surgery then most people find its far less hassle than the nhs route and you have a  lot more control over the outcome.

Some people have great results with the NHS, most it seems dont. Sadly the only way to find out is to try. If you have a referral and dont mind the possibility that you may just be dicked around then you might as well go. But keep a healthy scepticism.

Offline Baabaa

• Posting Member
I also got told I don't have gynecomastia today by my GP, he also referred me to a plastic surgeon but said I COULD have liposuction.

It really looks like the treatment and attitude can differ with the area you're in (I'm in London). I'd say to go to the appointment if you have nothing to lose, because you have everything to gain.

Stress to the surgeon just how this condition affects your mind, your life and mention any pain it may cause. They are much more likely to perform the procedure if it is actually physically and mentally debilitating.

If all else fails, go private. It's worth the money. If I had the money, I'd go private in a heartbeat. It's still worth giving the NHS a try though.

GynO_DuDe

In birmingham you get lipo & excision for free if you have severe gynecomastia.

But yeah, going private, you have MUCH more control and you can get it done when YOU want.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024