Author Topic: how much gland should i get removed?! HELP!  (Read 5922 times)

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
Had the consult today lads

and he's said my case is very very small, he's worried that he could make my chest look worse than it is by having it removed

I personally don't care as long as I can wear whatever the hell I want! mabye my case is small compared to some of you guys, but my the protruding nips through clothes makes me feel as much embarassment as anyone here.

I don't need lipo, just gland removal, I thought/hoped he would take it all out, but I don't want to go concave either tbh. Thoughts gentlemen please.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
if he is worried i would look for a competent and confident surgeon.
too much removal will leave you concaved
not enough fat removal will also make you look concaved after slight gland removal.
its an art and if this guy has concerns then id get shut :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
no.....

I want it all gone

he says it will look bette rleaving some

the surgeon is very fucking experienced

wtf...?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
it is common for surgeons to leave some glan before to stop ur nipples going concave, it is concerning to me the idea of them not taking enough. but it would be better to have a tiny bit of gland (which is normal) than concave nipples.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
is concave really that bad then?

I have this idea now that I won't care.

my gyne has'nt gotten any worse since the age of about 12/13 (now 20) so gland has no chance of growing bigger if some is left, but if all the gland were gone I'd know this for certain. I think I will get my BMI down as much as possible, and tell him that if he can just about remove all of it causing minimal concaveness I would be totally fucking happy for him to do so and not hold anything against him lol.

opinions please this is a tough/expensive decision.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
if all your gland is removed, then there is no where for the nipple to rest on like it has been for ages and so it just collapses and looks like a saucer and a big dip in your chest than flat. i honestly doubt any more tissue will grow back... ask him for some before and after pictures he has done similar to yours. Any surgeon worth their salt should have those.

Offline Paddy

• Posting Member
I guess thats quite possible, maybe different surgeons have different ways of doing it?
In any case, thats what I was told...

Offline outertrial

I dont think they can take it all out as there is a risk that the nipple will suffer necrosis, ie. die through lack of blood supply.

You may not care about concave nips now but you sure as sugar will if you get them. Doesnt sound like you were that enthused by your consult. Get another one with a different doctor as a point of reference.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
well he's said to me that he can take it all out, and has warned me of the risks of concaveness. The idea of the flap of fat sounds brilliant tbh, no gland and no concave. I was very happy with my consult and will stick with this guy for sure! He had loads of pictures too so no worries there.

I would love it all to go completely tbh, who would'nt, especially for the money.

I mean I literally HATE the gland with a f*cking passion.

but I don't want my nipples concave/dying either. I will enquire about the flap of fat, but I don't think this will happen. All I ask is to wear a nice fitting top without two protrusions , if he can do that it will change my life, even if I am slightly concave, but if he leaves too much I will feel 100% ripped off.

I wish this was a more scientific procedure tbh, I trust the doctor as much as you can any doctor but at the end of the day I am paying him 2500 to basically guess the right amount to take/leave, I wish it was more objective and the whole f*cking gland could jsut come out and that would make patients normal.

It's his guess basically.

Experience is definitely the key to gyne surgery, not qualifications or the price you are paying, and I trust he has plenty of experience.

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
I agree - I wish it was a more simple operation where they just take out all the gland and be done but for alot of people I think this would give a concave effect that nothing can be done about. I think the difference between results lies on the surgeons ability to judge on an individual basis how much to take out and how much to leave in and also where on the chest as the gland can cover a small or wide area, then how well they use the liposuction to finish the job for a more nautural look. I would just make it really clear you want to be really flat, not concave but that if he is making borderline decisons on how much to take out that he leans towards more rather than less.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
thankyou man, you've confirmed what I think will happen

I don't need lipo btw, my fat is already very low, just gland removal.

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Personally I would have liked ALL the gland removed. As per my previous post in Koi's '3 month' thread. I went to Poland 11.75 months ago and went with the recommendation of leaving a safety disc to prevent concavity.  My nips have and still are perky, but sadly in a more noticable way - my chest is flatter (great) but my nips now stand prouder (not so great).  I should have known that my awkward pink puppies would have never gone 'inny', but if they had it may have been preferable, especially as I have, and never will be, a 'shirts off' fella.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
f*cking hell johnny that f*cking sucks and has made me even more undecided

I think I will have it all gone, for me this is a once in  lifetime thing, I don't want revisions.

I can't imagine my nipples would change much with it all gone.

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member
Personally I would have liked ALL the gland removed. As per my previous post in Koi's '3 month' thread. I went to Poland 11.75 months ago and went with the recommendation of leaving a safety disc to prevent concavity.  My nips have and still are perky, but sadly in a more noticable way - my chest is flatter (great) but my nips now stand prouder (not so great).  I should have known that my awkward pink puppies would have never gone 'inny', but if they had it may have been preferable, especially as I have, and never will be, a 'shirts off' fella.

Same here Johnny. Got done 9mths ago, and i have the EXACT same issues.

I need another OP, but I think Baranski is not good at puffy nipples.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i get the impression my surgeon is going to take all the gland and also all the fat as hes doing lipo even tho i am underweight for my height and have no obvious fat on my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024