Author Topic: My story......and Poland - an alternate opinion?  (Read 8623 times)

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Background

I have been a lurker here for a couple of years, mainly on the UK section, better late than never posting! 

I remember dreading going 'skins' in school for basketball etc, the icing on the cake was on a school sports days when I was 15 walking over to my mates and one shouting out "Look at his breasts, ha ha" etc. From then on it was a typical case of avoidance behaviour - no swimming, loose tops (preferably shirts with top pockets), walking with hunch shoulders etc.  Encounters with girls would usually be in a darkened environment, as I think about it I've even got jiggy with just my shirt still on. For years I hid it with excess weight, never obese, but enough for folk to think I was just borderline chunky - not the kid with 'frups.  A few years ago I went from 16st 1 to 12st 11 (a bit too thin tbh) I was really happy with my size, but my chest stood out more than ever :(

My once brimming confidence as an early teen had vanished and I sadly became a bit of a spliff head. Obviously that was a vicious circle, paranoia and as I'm sure you've read weed is strongly linked with gyno. I can't say for certain the weed didn't cause it - I've also got a mild liver issue (Gilberts) which apparently has gyno as a side effect too.

Options

I started Googling for 'cures', drugs, creams, ANYTHING. Soon it became apparent surgery was the only answer.  I read an article about an English guy who had gone to the states and paid £1500 for a dental work and £4000 for his chest - apparently the best tihing he ever did.  More digging found the medical term and gynecomastia.org.  I realised I didnt have full on EEs like some poor chaps out there, by my problem was a problem no less.  The results of the operation in USA were encouraging, problem....the cost.

To be honest my job has been kind to me with periodic bonuses of a couple of grand.  With £5000 in the bank I now had choices, but man was I scared of surgery.  The very few people I confided in were kind but all said I was being silly, my parents laughed and said I was mad.  I truly believe this issue had a major influence in stripping my self confidence, shame it took so long for me to be able to do something about it. 

I studied the forums here avidly.  Levick was a possibility, but I didnt think he was consistant (i.e some god examples and some pretty terrible ones too) Karidis was a possibility, especially due to his 'celebtrity clients' but it would mean all my savings gone.  Then a beacon - Poland. First thoughts were the obvious - 'medical treatment in Eastern Europe, no thanks!' but reading more into Marks lenghthy thread was encouraging. Dilemma, UK (expensive/convenient) or Slubice (reasonable/inconvenient) btw the NHS was NEVER and option.

Decision & Surgery

I decided to go with Poland and had the surgery almost a year ago.  No need to go into the nitty gritty, it's been covered before but needless to say the service etc was all 1st class (puts UK seriously to shame). My room mate was cool (hello J, if you'll ever vist here again) he had a worse case than me, but it was really nice to be able to talk franky for the first time, face to face, with someone who actually understood.  Apparently he'd taped up his chest before - never thought of that!

I recall Andreas telling me the surgery was a success (I had love handle lipo too :blush:) the glands were Kiwi sized (the cynic in me tells me he says that to everyone) I asked to have a look (still on the slab dosed up) he said they had been diposed of - I wanted 'trophy' to mutilate later!  He came in next day after a check up and said "We think there could be a problem with your nipples" Excuse me? "They may need Botox treatment" No thanks! (1. extra cost? 2. it's contrived from the most deadly bacteria on earth 3. we'll see how it goes)

Results

Initially (after a couple of days) I was happy with the surgery. I took my stiches out myself after 1 week, to be fair the 'wounds' were neat, I had a nipple crease but that faded away after a couple of months. But quite quickly I was worried the 'swelling' we all read about was not going to go down, I kept telling myself it takes a year (as I have read 1000's of times here). I was religious with that damned compression vest, I used arnica, I massaged cream and Vit E oil as suggested, I attacked scar tissue til it was almost sore.  Then it was a case of the waiting game, roll forward to (almost) one year...

I think the gland on the whole has been removed (although I probably had fingers as opposed to a localised mass) although there is still something lower left. I personally would like to have seen 99-100% removed as opposed to 95%. I also think the lipo undertaken was too light.  Strangely Dr Baranski does not mark the contour lines on your skin (unlike EVERY cosmetic procedure I have seen elsewhere) and I think this should be reviewed.  When I am in the crucifix position (as I was on the operating table) it looks OK, but when my arms come down there is the pointed shape I was deparately trying to correct.  My nipples look swollen (50% of pre op days) when warm and ludicrously pointed when slightly cold/stimulated - especially through a t shirt.  To be honest the latter is worse than pre op days as the profile is much more pronounced.  I have read the suggestions about nipple correction (i.e removal and replacement) which do sound a bit Draconian.  I have read about nipple reduction (cut section out and fold flap down and stitch) but surely this is something which should have been discussed/treated at the time?

Revision?

So what are my options? To be honest losing some body fat may make the situation better (I'm 6'4 and 13st 10) but I feel i will be contacting the clinic very shortly when my 12 months is up  (I did the FLM in April so was in reasonable shape then).  I was really hoping this could be sorted in one hit, I hate needles and hospitals, the travelling is a pain too!

I would really like to hear posts from people who have been to Poland and basically can't be bothered to go back to sort it out, even though they are not happy.  I have not really seen any definitive results, in most pictures they are carrying a few extra pounds (sorry guys) which makes it harder to judge.  There has been a bit of grumbling and talks of going back for revisions, what happened about it?  Benito and Karidis's patients seem to have superb results....

PS  This forum has got a lot bigger since I started visiting and I am pleased people are finally sorting out this embarrassing condition.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:30:45 PM by Johnny Wishbone »

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Great post Johnny, it's so valuable to get this sort of feedback and mutual support.  As you know, I'm still making up my mind between Dr.Baranksi and Dr.Benito.  Given the individuality of each case and the sometimes limited of post-op feedback, it's so difficult to judge the quality of work and results!

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
have you tried emailing dr baranski with photos?
You mention the travelling to be a pain? do you live far from an airport?
Im going over to Poland next month on a little trip with my son so that we can do a nice little history tour.
Im going to hire a car and drive :)
I may even pop in and see them there :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

I went to Baranski, and I need a revision. But I don't know if I should go back to him or try elsewhere.

He seems to have a bad hit rate when it comes to puffy nipples - I'm just as bad as I ever was.

When I went there were 3 of us getting the op done, and none of us were happy.

I need to book a second surgery soon, but am unsure who to go to. It doesn't make much sense to me to get it redone with Baranski.

As far as botox goes...Apparently that will keep the muscle relaxed, rather than tensed, which is the OPPOSITE of what we want.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
I had gland excission with Baranski for my puffy nipples on April 24th of this year.  I thought about 20% was better only.  But after the stiches came out I realized that there was no change.  Till today it looks the same.  I saved up all my money to travel to Poland and get it done from him.  Its all I could afford to be honest.  He screwed me big time.

Now I'm almost broke again and desperately need a revision.  Sadly he is the only doctor I can afford in the future too.  But what the heck should I do?  I don't know if I should go back to him as it seems people who went there for puffy nipples, no one got a positive result.  Only lipo patients have success. 

The clinic was clean and staff professional.  But what the heck does that do for us to got unfavourable results!!

Again I appeal - is there anyone on this forum who went to Baranski for puffy nipples and got a good result??  Perhpas if there is even a few of you tell us and kindly advise when the results came and what tips/suggestions you have for me and people like me?  Thanks.

Offline outertrial

Sounds grim. Most surgeons have to do a revision from time to time, but if you're going to go for a revision it would be nice to have some confidence it would work. From what I've gathered about the Slubice clinic the standard of care is high, which is good. But the quality of the surgery is not. Which is bad. You should not look worse after the op than before it.

People have posted here about revisions in the past Johnny W. Unfortunately the search function on this site has never worked very well so these things tend to get lost. The originator of the Poland surgery phenomenon was Markashkeigh1979. He went a year or so ago, was initially very positive but asked for a revision a few months later. Some months after the revision he posted  something like the  gyne was still only 85% better but he could live with it. His posts tended to be very enthusiastic with lots of smiley faces, I could never work out why due to the apparently unsuccessful nature of both operations.

He hasnt posted here for a long time afaik - if you're still reading Mark it would help some of these guys if you can give us an update.

Some other people have had more than one revision with Baranski, if you go back far enough you'll find the posts. One was mentioned in a  thread started by HarryO when he wasnt happy with his surgery I think.

Going abroad for surgery is not like popping out to get a pint of milk. Having to go through budget air travel right after you've been operated on is far from ideal. It tends to worry loved ones who not unreasonably want to go with you, and takes up a fair chunk of  everyones time.

You generally only want to do this once.

I am glad I went to Dr Benito. I was 100% certain he was the surgeon for me especially after my experiences with the clowns in the NHS. Barcelona is a lovely city and a pleasant place to recover in after  BUT I would always prefer to have surgery done close to home. It appears that other people are getting great results with Benito as well. I do hope that is the case and will watch the recovery of Paddy, Bigdom etal with interest. However if it turned out that other people werent getting the same results I would think again about recommending people go there.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:57:43 PM by outertrial »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Please tell us more about Dr. Benito?  Your experience in details would be great.  How much did it cost?

Offline outertrial

Hi april24th.Cost was £2500.  Details are now linked into my sigs, photos and diary account. If you'd like to know anything else then let me know.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Well i'm approaching nearly six weeks post op. 

Seems to be settling nicely, the left hand side seems fine, the right hand side has some hardness around the nipple and extends approx 20mm either side to left and right, seems to be getting better on a daily basis with the massage.  Overall very happy to date, good improvement in shape and looks good with shirt on or off.

No bruising or swelling left, just need to up my exercise now to hone my new chest shape..

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
In answer to Johhny Wishbone, I had surgery with Baranski, not for puffy nipples(ie excision) but just for lipo, and to be honest, I'm sure not finished with putting myself through another op. I think I have no choice, because I'm not really that happy. At a guess I think 35% of what fatty tissue I wanted out was taken. In fact a small area of fat was taken that shouldn't really have been touched (a few inches above my right nipple).

So really, I am almost back to square 1. Do I go back to Poland and ask them to try again for free / nominal costs or do I try someone else? Also do I deploy a different method?? I've read that mesotherapy or lipodissolve might be an option for those of us with not massive amounts of fat in, or wanting to even out the irregularities - but does anyone know if this works?

Have there been revision stories with Benito or can this Jesus perform mini miracles (sorry)?

Has anyone had success with say ... the czech republic as this seems to be in the same cost brackets of Poland?

Any feedback welcome
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline HarryO

• Posting Member

Hi Johnny Wishbone. 

I must have been in Sublice at the same time as you, Jan 07'.

Well, here it is one year later and I'm Booked to go to Benito for a fixer upper in early Feb.

My nipples are indeed MORE pointy, even after 1 year recovery, when warm and when cold. I figured,
even though I liked the people at Sublice, that I'd be a bit dumb to go back to the place which did not fix it last time.
That's just my opinion however. I decided to give Benito a spin.

Maybe I'll be here in a year planning to have a 3rd revision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last summer was hell, with pointier nipples than ever.

I'll keep you posted about my progress as the year goes by.

My personal opinion about Sublice is that it's not good for puffy nipple type gyno. 3 of us went with that problem,
and to my knowledge, all of us were unhappy.

Offline outertrial

In answer to Johhny Wishbone, I had surgery with Baranski, not for puffy nipples(ie excision) but just for lipo, and to be honest, I'm sure not finished with putting myself through another op. I think I have no choice, because I'm not really that happy. At a guess I think 35% of what fatty tissue I wanted out was taken. In fact a small area of fat was taken that shouldn't really have been touched (a few inches above my right nipple).

So really, I am almost back to square 1. Do I go back to Poland and ask them to try again for free / nominal costs or do I try someone else? Also do I deploy a different method?? I've read that mesotherapy or lipodissolve might be an option for those of us with not massive amounts of fat in, or wanting to even out the irregularities - but does anyone know if this works?

Have there been revision stories with Benito or can this Jesus perform mini miracles (sorry)?

Has anyone had success with say ... the czech republic as this seems to be in the same cost brackets of Poland?

Any feedback welcome

To be honest bro - your pics dont work anymore - but from what I remembered when they did your chest looked ok, it didnt look like they did much after the poland op but it didnt seem too bad before that.  ???

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Hey guys.  Good feedback.

So did you deceide to go to Baranski? 

Did anyone go for a revision to Baranski in Poland?

And when you considered it did he mention anything about a revision cost?  It should be free from what I've read. Just have to pay the anesthesia and living expense there.  Please let me know and maybe if its minimal cost, I'll go back with one of you guys there at the same time.

Unfortunately I cannot afford another doctor.  not even the Benito for 2,500 pounds.

Please let me know your in put..  Thanks a lot.

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Dont check here often, thought my posts would have been lost!

I went 17 Oct '06 iirc.  I still have a 'handful' and have considered going back to Poland - but as stated by someone earlier, why go back and let them have another go?  At the moment money is pretty good for me, so that's no excuse, although I wouldn't entertain UK prices on principal.

I could do with trimming down a little. 6'4", 14st and 19% BF. Which would obviously be a fairer point of reference.

For the sake of £2,500 I would definitely consider Benito, he has proven results and appears to go that extra mile.  It's just a case of shaping up and seeing if I can go through the effort of a revision.

If I do you can bet you'll be the first to hear.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024