Author Topic: Surgeons near Bristol using new techniques  (Read 3684 times)

Offline steveo78

Hi

I'm looking for surgeons near the Bristol area who are performing breast tissue removal via lipo suction.   I have read on the board about Dr Levick and Dr Kardis using new techniques like these. 

Anyone know of any other surgeons using these techniques elsewhere?

Thanks

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

It's known by a few different names, 'power assisted lipo', STARS (Soft Tissue Advanced Rotary Sculptre) etc, hypertumescent power sculpting etc, etc.  Basically a cutting tool that's goes via a cannula attached via lipo suction, so an all in one targetted solution.

The technique surfaced in the USA around 2003.  As for Bristol, i'm sorry i cannot help, though i'm off to Barcelona on Wednesday and this technique is used.  May be worth a flight from Bristol..?

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
From what I understand lipo can remove fat but not gland, but maybe others know better?

GynO_DuDe

Yup, thats what Dr Levick done on me ... and a top job as well considering i had fully grown breasts!!! Look like a normal 20 year old now and can finally move on with my life!

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
From what I understand lipo can remove fat but not gland, but maybe others know better?

Well lypo does remove just fat afaik. Using a cannula (sp?) as is done with lyposuction, but with some sort of attachement to excise the tissue, would seem to be the method descirbed here. I had my suregry on the nhs and the suregeon planned to make an incsion in the arm pit and then use a cannula to excise the breast tissue. In the end that suregeon left and the next one did the nipple incision method. Very pleased with it though :)

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
The best results I have seen in USA use the tried and tested crescent incision under the nipple, although they have probably had a lot of practice.  The power assisted lipo (cannula with 'gland mincers') is a new but perfectly valid technique which is proving to be quite successul.  Ultimately it is the skill and commitment of the surgeon which counts - give Pete Docherty a concert grand piano and he is unlikely to knock out a classical masterpiece.

With any techinque there are fors and againsts i.e the power lipo 'can' produce concavity and the nipple incision 'can' leave more unsightly scarring. I had the incision and to be honest you'd REALLY have to look hard to see anything abnormal. Being slightly hairy helps too :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024