Author Topic: What do i tell people?  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
Hi guys,

I regularly visit this site and have kept up with everyones progress but i dont post very often.

I have my Op with Paul Levick in October and in some wierd way i am really looking forward to it.

The one thing that is bothering me is this: What do i tell people? I obviously dont want to tell them the truth but i cant think of a believable reason why i am laid up for a while. Any suggesstions?

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Do you do any sports that people know about?

I do, and my plan is to take a week off work holiday for the op. and if I'm not ready to go back to work I'll call up and say I've broke my ribs and will be off for another week then gotta take it easy for a bit.

Might work for you ?

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
Yeah, i do a lot sports so i need to find excuses. Not sure if broken ribs will work, but its worth a thought. thanks matey

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Top suggestion Jackd, rugby knocks, tennis/rowing sprains to back etc fit the MO perfectly.

Because you are self conscious of the subject you are imagining the worst.  Most of my mates/family didn't bat an eye, the hardest thing was explaining why I wasn't drinking for a couple of months!

Illness is the perfect excuse, you could reasonably we out of action for weeks with any manner of ailments, although the most credible would be arm, back, shoulder, rib conditions. Be creative ;)

Offline Hustler

• Bronze Member
No drinking for a couple of months????????? Now, i didnt realise that!!!!! lol

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
I stayed off the booze for a few days before and then two weeks afterwards. I told work and friends that i had a benign growth removed.

Offline outertrial

Just tell them youve torn a muscle in your back and have limited mobility. In the very slight chance anyone notices your vest thatll cover that too. Broken rib would work too though I would imagine it would attract more attention and presumably you just want people to ignore it.

Offline jm08

• Posting Member
If I get mine done Im gonna tell people I was worried about lumps I felt, went to get them checked out and they were benine but the doctor recommended I had them removed anyway. dont have to mention the condition or that its breast tissue.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I used the crack ribs line at work.....following playing on a motorcross bike.  I have a desk job, though being 'big' i always get asked to carry things for the girls.  Buys me time out of the early healing period.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024