Author Topic: compression vest over bandages  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
any of those who had surgery with Levick, did you wear your compression vest over your bandages when you got home?  the bandages are tight but not megga compressing like my compression vest in the past.

given how thick the Levick bandages are i doubt i could fit the compression vest over it anyway...but just thought i see what you people did?

GynO_DuDe

Dont bother ... Keep the bandages on and dont wear the compression vest on top.

I took my bandages off after 3 days because I couldnt stand it even though he said wait 10 days ... guess what happened ? when I removed the bandages I sh!t you not, half my skin came off with it ... I had loads of blisters and a very bad RED rash everywhere where my skin made contact with the glue on the bandages ... I absolutely cr4pped myself thinking what have I done ... and my chest looked in such a state I was about to break out in tears thinking what have I done.

Instantly applied vaseline everywhere, re-bandaged myself and wore my compression vest ... rang levick the following day he said you did the right thing. Took me 4 weeks to heal from the rash and now 8-9 weeks post op I look fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024