Author Topic: HELP NEEDED!!!!!!! SURGERY BOOKED AND BRICKING IT!!!!!!  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
hi there, thank you for taking the time to read this.
My name is dan, i have gynecomastia alot of poeple on here in the past rated it a 7 out of 10 ( if only i could do that good in exams!!)
im 21 years old, and about 6 months ago i finally got the courage to speak to my gp about it.
I was meant to go in for another blood test i think, but he neever got back to me. now this evening i recieved a letter from the NHS saying : An outpatient referral plastic surgery appointment has been made for me. now i recently had surgery on my eyelid, so at first i thought it was a follow up from that, but as it says plastic surgery i am pretty sure that it is for my gyno and is booked on the 17th of october!!!
now i am obviously so happy if it is, and i definately want to do the surgery only there are a few things that are troubling me about it.
First i havent told my parents, they are very understanding about stuff but i dont know if they would think its a good idea.. secondly i dont knopw too much about the surgery and how effective it is, i worry that i will have an even uglier chest at the end of it.
other things that i think are, What will my friends say when i finally come out and i have no more moobs. im thinking because i am moving away in febuary and coming back next year i will continue to cover up till then Wink
would be great if you could give me ur msn or mobile number and have a chat about the surgery from someone that knows about it and has been through it.
WHO Knows maybe its not even gyno surgery lol.. i will make sure on monday as its too late. but having a cyst removed from your eyelid is not considered plastic surgery.
is gyno treatment considered plastic surgery?

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
Also any good excuses for missing a days work.. i can say its surgery but they will ask me and i dont want toi say its private as they will all know when ive had it.

Offline Boost

• Posting Member
You don't HAVE to tell your employer what the nature of the surgery is. I think they'd be out of order if they did ask you.

PS You'll probably need more than a week off... The hospital signed me off for a week initially, and my GP just signed me off for 2 more. I asked her to be as vague as possible with the diagnosis and she's written "Post Operative Recovery".

GynO_DuDe

Plastic Surgery basically means Careful surgery. So it could be your eyelid ... you never know! Why dont you ring and find out for sure?

And nah mate, doesnt matter, go through with it!! it'll be the best thing you ever did TRUST ME.

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
they are out of order!  >:(they have asked me before when i was getting surgery on my eyellid. and if they ask me im going to be embarrased to say, oh this time i wont tell you they will assume i have a problem with my penis lol, where i work its all very close like family if you understand where im coming from. anyway ill figure that one out. i just need some advice! would this letter most probably be a examination?
I am overweight, but my gyno is bad. so i think its 50/50 but i just worry incase it is happening on that day and i feel unprepared however still desperate to fix it! ???

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
yeah im pretty sure it is for the gyno- as i have already had my surgery on my eye which is called opthalmology.
Im sure its going to be a check up!
and thank you for your encouragement!!!  ;D

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
and just to add, my doctor does think that they will give me surgery, just doubting everything now because i got the letter this evening and cant find out till monday!!! gyno dude, did u have the op, was it on the nhs and how did it go?

GynO_DuDe

I hate the NHS ... c*nts messed me around for a year and in the end I WROTE A LETTER asking politely ufcourse what the sketch was regarding my operation? ... They then replied with 'oh sorry, did we not mention ... we can't fund it'

Then off I went to DR.Levick ... within 3 weeks of seeing him I was moobless and on the road to recovery. Thats what £4,000 hard earned cash gets you.

GynO_DuDe

Oh yeah, apparently according to Dr Levick, I should of had the operation for free due to having severe gynecomastia ... apparently they HAVE to do the operation if you suffer from severe gyno.

Offline Boost

• Posting Member
Just to add another slant on the NHS argument...

I went to see my GP at the end of June this year and got my operation on 17th September. That's a turnaround of under 3 months which isn't at all bad IMO, especially considering that the breast surgeon who operated on me for my benign condition is usually trying to save people who are suffering from Breast Cancer and other killers.

For all the NHS regularly takes a bashing in the media, for once I was proud to be a taxpayer.

B.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

Hi Daniel,

If you've had surgery already, you basically know what your going to expect.  A little discomfort, limited mobility for a few days, then it gets easier.  After a couple of weeks/month your probably back to 80%.

As for telling your work, if you feel so inclined just tell them you found a benign lump and they recommend to taking it out. 

You mentioned your overweight.....how much??  If you need inspiration look at GynO_DuDe's recent thread he's down a pair of Moobs and over 4 stone.   

There's plenty of before and after photos of various peoples surgeries on the board, both NHS & Private so have a look and read through as i don't believe anyone's condition became 'more ugly'.  More than half of your recovery will be down to changing your state of mind after becoming 'Moob free'

As for the NHS the main issue is the lack of consistency between areas/trust.  If it was all a level playing field and everyone got the same treatment (that's what it's supposed to do and originally set up to do) then there would be issues.  However with devolution, and different rules in Scotland/Wales etc, this government has really screwed people over!  When it's get it right it works well (it should do with the amount of funding higher then half of the EU's country's GDP) but often it let's people down, shattering hopes and dreams in the process.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024