Author Topic: Top tips post-op, a plea to those in the know  (Read 3100 times)

Offline choice

• Posting Member
7 days post-op now, courtesy of The Levickmeister.
Bandages removed tonight, outrageously painful and swollen but the view, minus 400cc each side, is worth it.

Had to shut my eyes when I took the bandages off, it was surprisingly nerve-wracking.

ANYONE GOT SOME GOOD TIPS FOR POST-OP RECOVERY?

Particularly:
When should you start to massage? Should you do it with the vest on or off?

Thanks

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member
Good questions I'm in the same boat

Had a hard ridge on one side which I massaged last night, not sure if I should have or not.

so far only indication of when to massage I've had is 4 weeks .. but I couldnt' help having a go at it and I'm only 9 days post op

I think I'm going to ring levick on monday and see when is ok etc.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 02:47:06 AM by shaggy-dude »
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

Offline sydneyc

• Posting Member
Yup - would appreciate some feedback when you have spoken to Levick.Strangely, with so much focus on the operation itself, I seem strangely ill-prepared for the post op routine!  Never thought I would actually get to this point.

SC

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Uhh, all I can think of..

Continue to take your arnica as advised, take any antibiotics you were given, wear the vest as instructed.. rest.. avoid blows to the chest.. yeah.
etc.

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member
rang for mr levick and got gail this morning and she said to wait another week or so then start with a gentle massage of the hardened area

guess I'll wait ...

soon as the pain and swelling has gone down I'll be booking in for a professional massage once or twice a week I think too :)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 03:49:02 AM by shaggy-dude »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024