Author Topic: Dr Benito 3 months post op  (Read 2335 times)

Offline nearlythere

• Posting Member
Its been a while since i last posted. Im 3 months post op and im  worried about scar tissue. I have a fair bit under my left nipple and it is pushing it out a little. I massage every morning/night and it does seem to soften up a little and reduce in size a small amount.......on top of this if i wear my compression vest during the night it just about goes perfect. All i want to know is are there any ways of reducing my scar tissue? I have read about scar injections that break this up, has anyone used these before? I will post pictures soon.

Offline kingboob

I think you just need to give it a little more time to heal, I believe it can take upwards of 6 months before it settles down properly.

Offline outertrial

I doubt theres much point wearing a compression vest at 3 months. Scar tissue can evolve up to around 6 months before dissipating, final results can take a year to be realised. I had a lump of it up to about 5 months then it went quite quickly, though to be honest I just left it alone.

Is there any actual clinical evidence to suggest massaging will help? If I were you Id just leave it alone and get on with my life, unless its terrible when cortisone injections are usually attempted, if that doesnt work a revision can be performed but that may just create more scar tissue.

another_case

For info. the massaging is purely used as I understood it to stop the skin sticking to the muscle in the first 2 weeks after surgery, not to get rid of scar tissue. As the others say it should just disappear after time and it's healed fully.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024