Author Topic: My experience with Alex Karidis (with link to pics)  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
Since this site helped a lot, thought I would give my account of gyne & my experince with Dr. Karidis in the hope that it will be of some use as research to others.

I am a male non-smoker 36 yrs old. Weigh approx 10 stone, height approx 5' 6"

Never had a flat chest & always puffyish nips but I'd say within normal limits & it never bothered me. However after taking avodart (anti-hair loss drug) for a few years the condition had become quite noticable, especially in warmer conditions. Stopped the Avodart about 8 months ago.

Been reading these boards on & off for about 18 months & last year decided I was going to have surgery. Was pretty set on Levick mainly because he was the guy most were talking about on here. Then I saw a few posts & pics from Karidis patients. Call it a hunch or whatever but I made up my mind pretty quickly that he seemed to be a better option for me.

Went for a consultation in October. Had surgery in December. Cost £4000. Now 5 weeks post op & pretty happy. Have some scar tissue (mostly on left side) & I also notice that in warmer conditions my nips can go slightly oval shaped & look sort of drooped at an angle. There is also a slight crease sometimes present on left nipple. Not sure if these issues will improve over time or not but I'm still happy with things as they are right now as I did not go into this expecting perfection. I had one condition that had to be satasfied and that was the surgery must leave me better than it found me & I would say it definately has done that. The best part is that puffy nipples no longer exist in my world regardless of temperature.

He removed 400ml of fat (200ml from each side) & 4 grams gland in total. The operation & recovery I found to be a lot easier than I expected. I would go so far as to say it was a doddle. The worst part I guess was the compression vest, but you even get used to that pretty quickly & soon forget it.

Anyway you can see some before & after pics here. Please note it was very cold when I took the before pics & they do not do justice to how bad it looked when warmer.

I'm due to go back & see him in a couple of weeks for my post op appointment.

If anyone has any questions ask away, I will answer if I can.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

An excellent informative post.

I’d say you had a little more than “puffy nipples” before, more like a mild case of gyne; however that doesn’t matter now, the boobs have gone and your results look very good.

It sounds like you are only about 1 month post op so give your body a few more months to heal before you get to see the final result.  My guess would be that the small issues that you have raised will resolve themselves during that time.

All the very best of luck with your recovery.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
Oh yes I definitely had gyne. What I meant was that I always had puffy nipples even before the gyne (and I think it looked a lot worse than those before pics taken in the cold would make you think).

Offline apps

hi guys
looks like it has been around a year since your surgery so I'm wondering how things are and what's the latest news/gossip on the surgeons involved?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024