Author Topic: the dangers invovled in surgery  (Read 2303 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi Guys
It has taken me 18 years to finally have the guts to say something bout my gyne. Now my wife knows and my parents. They both know I went to see Benito last week ( wife came with me ) but the question still remains......surgery or not? I dont think either my wife or parents want me to have op because they worry if somthing goes wrong or I spend all that money and dont look any different. Benito says I have grade 2 gyne, and it is mostly fat apart from right side which is a bit of gland also.
What I wanted to know is what are the real dangers? Benito told me about 2% require blood draining and also warned methat if not all gyne removed I may have to go back ( although he said this has never happened to him before ) . I trust Dr Benito as the consultation was very good, as I have come this far I dont think i can carry on without the surgery trying to live life with it. My wife and parents say lots of people live with problems.......too fat, scars, birthmarks etc and these people live wit it. Very difficult choice but i really feel it wil make a difference. I have even gone and tried all the clothes on that I never wear because of my affliction to see if i can live with it and I dont think i can. Summer time and holidays with my daughter will be so much better if i lose the moobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope my family will support my decision....i think im gonna have the op!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will try and diiscuss with them over the next few days.

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I had surgery last week with Dr. Benito and was very impressed with the professionalism of everything from the moment I arrived in the hospital. I also had grade 2 gyne with a mixture of tissue/fat and gland. I'd been thinking about surgery for about a year and decided to go for it, my advice is to do it and don't think about it for too long as it really is the only cure unfortunately! The dangers have to be mentioned by every surgeon so they're covered basically but complications are very rare. I am very bruised and in my compression vest and am still very swollen with fluid so difficult to tell what it will ultimately look like but it already looks better. Dr. Benito's aftercare is very good too, he'll check on you afterwards in your room, give you advice and I'm booked in for a check-up in 2 weeks in London to see how things are going. Good luck.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Thanks another-case,
It is alot of money to spend but what a change it will make. Like I said I put some tshirts on in the wardrobe that I have never worn and I still wont wear them in the summer because of the gyne. Its so embarrasing I don think anyone realises. So u are happy up to now......did u fly into Barcelone or the airport about hour away......if so did they arrnge transfers?

Good luck to you as well.!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline outertrial

Their driver will meet you at the airport and drive you back again. If you stay for a few days in Barcelona recuperating (which I really recommend, you couldnt be in a nicer place to take your mind off your chest) then you can have the transfer from your hotel to the airport. Makes life a bit easier.

Dont be talked out of it by your family, its how you feel about it that matters. You're in good hands with Benitos' team anyway.

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Go for it- i was with Benito last week. This will so change your life and your family should understand if this will make you happy then its your choice and they should support you.

ps

I'm current wearing a T-Shirt- over my compression vest- that i hid away for about 3 years because i looked hideous in it and my chest is as flat as a pancake.

Offline outertrial

Looks weird at first doesnt it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024