Author Topic: So whats the final verdict???  (Read 3607 times)

Offline kingguarna23

• Bronze Member
so whats is the final information you guys can provide me with quebec health insurance....do they cover gland ? ...because i have gland but only on one side.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
in my case, i was not covered (montreal here) except for hospital fees

i had to pay 2700 $ that was in 2006!
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline kingguarna23

• Bronze Member
yeh but im just gland no lipo? ...and there was a recent post saying that health insurance covered gland only .

Offline kingguarna23

• Bronze Member
"Finally, I decided to talk about gynecomastia with a doctor (general praticioner) I met today.

He confirmed what the surgeron's secretary told me. It's covered by RAMQ if it is gland related problem.

He seemed to know that problem very well and I can't beleive that all quebecers on this board aren't aware of this...

So I think the first thing to do, before directly taking an appointement with a surgeron, would be to meet a general praticioner so he can check if you have gynecomestia and then, get you covered under RAMQ for your surgery (if you're "lucky" enough to be covered).

I hope this will help a few people around. "

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hey buddy....

there is a difference between having glandular tissue to remove and having gland problems that'll make you eligible for coverage. my understanding is that most gynecomastia sufferers dont have an actual hormonal imbalance therefore.

further more,  people who have tried to get it reimbursed by the RAMQ or any other type of insurance had to go through months of inquiry and sometimes years of treatments (pills, and cream and so on).

i'm not saying it cant work, just that its not as easy as it may seem.... well at least that's what i had read about 2 years ago when i started thinking about surgery.

you would have to see an endocrinologist and have a few tests made....

good luck my friend, hope it works for you!

Offline kingguarna23

• Bronze Member
well that was 2 years ago no ???

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
sure....exactly my point... give it a try... i'm just saying that you might have to be real patient.
hope it works for you!

Offline bjonathan

• Posting Member
I have to agree with Brebguy.. I saw 3 different surgeons, 2 when I was 13 ans 17. Because I was minor, it was free. But at 22, you need to go over a lot of procedures... maybe 4 or 5 years...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024