Author Topic: 5 weeks post op with Karidis (pics and details for those deliberating using him)  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Hadenough

• Posting Member
Hi chaps. Not logged in since my surgery On Feb 5th but thought i'd come on to post a few before and after pics to see what you guys think and also to give some reasurance to those going or thinking about going with Alex K.

Gonna keep it short but, basically, i'd say my recovery has been relatively easy. I've followed all of the instructions given to me by AK and Chantel (AK's assitant) to the letter though and gave up the booze and fags a full month before my op, on Feb 5.

I'm 5 weeks on the nose post-op 2mo, most of the extranious pain has subsided, although i still feel enough pain in both nips not to be able to sleep on my front yet and when i really stretch to the sides or down it hurts. Feeling has all but come back in all areas and brusing has mostly gone. Massaging every day with arnica gel (and aloe vera gel when that runs out) but not sure how good my technique is!

I'm mostly delighted with my results. I think i have something resembling a normal chest now although it's still early days and - i stress this point - psycologically i still feel weird, like I still think i'm like i was before - my brain can hardly compute the difference! Early days though like i say.

Right side is going great guns, flat as hell and awesome but I have do have a bit of an issue with my left nip  - was fine for a while post op (i think, it's hard to remember!) but now seems to have, what is like a ledge around the top half and down the left (from my p.o.v) side of it (swelling?) The nipple starts at the top of this ledge and goes inward. There's a pic of it but it's kinda hard to see from front on but from my p.o.v it does stick out a bit at the top which obv is a bit of a worry. I have my 6 week (well, 5 1/2 week ) check up on Friday so will consult AK and see what's what.

I'm a pesimist and i still expect to wake up tomorrow with those hideous 'things' that have held me back for so long there again and, while i don't want to speak to soon because i know plenty of people have started well before getting worse (before hopefully) getting better - i'm hopeful the results will continue to get better over the coming weeks/months.

With regards to service, i seriously couldn't have asked for more from all of the nurses, staff, anethatist and of course the big man on the day. Top notch service. Got plenty of follow up calls (including one from AK) and am looking forward to Friday to see what he thinks and ask about my issue. I forget the exact details but i had a large amount of gland and some fat removed from both sides.

One thing i'll add is that I was all for going it alone but, at last minute, woosed out and told my parents, Best decision ever. They were brilliant and i'm SURE i wouldn't have recovered as i well as i have so far doing it on the sly (my mum being a nurse obvs helps!)

Anyway check the pics and tell me what you think. any AK questions i'll try my best to answer.

p.s. Extra pic of me in tightish tshirt in harsh light is one i would NEVER EVER have allowed pre-op just to show you clothes and stuff too.

p.p.s Excuse the spots! Still got stubble rash from shavign my chest b4 the op!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 06:13:46 PM by Hadenough »

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Wow great result. Your chest pre-op looks exactly the same as mine does now....literally exactly the same.

Could you tell me whether you had you areola size reduced or did they shirnk after surgery (they look smaller).

Also how much was the final bill?

Offline Hadenough

• Posting Member
I think they've just shrunk. My guess is they were just stretched out to the max with all the fat and gland behind them before and now they've just shrunk to a more normal size. They're actually a lot bigger than they were when i first removed the nip bandages.

V.costly mate i won't lie. £4k for the op, £70 consultation, £150ish for pre-op bloods (maybe slightly less i forget) plus hotel night before £80, three train fairs for the consultation, op and post-op this week (About £100), other stuff i've forgeten too sooo probs, all in, around £4500? Wow. Not totted it up before now!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 06:32:19 PM by Hadenough »

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
GOOD DEAL MAN! congrats on the great results! looks very natural. pics aren't the best, non the less i can's see any significant scarring!

feels good doesn't it!?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:09:39 PM by refu_gee »

irish lad

man thats amazing your chest looks really well.. my chest is similar in ways check out my photos and see what you think! just one question its a bit stupid but what the hell did you have to shave your chest  before the op?? as i have a very hairy chest!lol

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Man am I glad you posted this thread! I see Karidis on Friday 14th for my consultaion, and although I had no reservation as to his capabilities, this has just made me feel all the more confident. Your results so far look amazing! What a difference. Now I REALLY can't wait! Guess I may bump into you at the hospital then?  :D
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Hadenough

• Posting Member
Cheers guys!  ;D

Yeah, no real scarring. Can't see anything at all under my pits and on the nips there's a bit of a pock mark type thing at the bottom of each where he cut into them but hoepfully as the months go by that will all even itself out. I'd say the nips are still a going concern 5 weeks in for me, still a fair bit of pain in them which suggests they're still healing and i've got this ledge issue but hopefully it'll all work itself out over the coming months.

irish lad: Because i'm a mug basically! Was panicking the day before the op, as you do, and in my infinite wisdom figured it'd be a good idea to shave my rug to give AK a full view of what he was working with. Only served to give me a harsh stubble rash!

Blue2: Nice one matie, glad i could set your mind at ease. Ha ha, yeah, might see you there.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:11:19 PM by Hadenough »

irish lad

cheers.. ye i wont be lookin foward to the stuble! but if my chest turns out anything like yours it will be worth it.. take care

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
 :D The stubble is driving me mad!! It sticks to the compression garment like velcro!! Ouch!!!  ::)

Hadenough, how did your follow up go with Karidis? Iv'e got mine on May 7th. I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow and things are going slightly down hill at the mo, but after reading your thread again, it seems that this is to be expected. So you will be 8 weeks post op now then? How have things changed for you recovery wise?

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Blue you will be stiffening up and scaring by now, eat healthy exercise and massage an you will be fine

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
What's the best way to massage? I have been trying it using the arnica cream and also in the shower but I have found that this only makes the nips more sore!  :-\ I have not been going at it too hard but maybe my technique is all wrong? Any tips?

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Benito told me towards the armpits as that is where your lymph glands are, also massage any creases in circular movements and pry them apart. It might be sore doing that after 3 weeks, i'm 7 weeks now so its ok for me.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Benito told me towards the armpits as that is where your lymph glands are, also massage any creases in circular movements and pry them apart. It might be sore doing that after 3 weeks, i'm 7 weeks now so its ok for me.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep trying. The nips are still a bit tender but are certainly improving from this point of view. I also think that they are still shrinking and that the creases are partly caused by loose skin. Again, this should correct itself over time. Sadly I am not a very patient person but I guess I will have to learn!  :D

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Blue when you are felling better flat bench pullovers with a light dumbell feels really good for stretching out your arms. i reckon it would also help unattach any sticknig muscle. try it and see.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Thanks for the tip darrend! Even the thought of using dumbells at the mo makes me cringe.  ::) I will bear it in mind though and will give it a go when I feel up to it. For the time being I am just going to try gentle stretching exercises.  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024