Author Topic: Opp with Karidis very soon  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Dr Gonzo

Found this site recently and I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has taken their time to post. We all appreciate it.

I have an opp coming up with Karidis very soon.

Getting nervous, wondering whether right thing to do. My main prob it the puffy nipples from the glands underneath. Anyone who can post and reassure me that he is good at sorting that problem out I would appreciate it.

Been suffering far too long and really looking forward to feeling comfortable in my skin.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Great move mate! I am having surgery with Karidis tomorrow and can't wait. Had my consultation on Friday and managed to nick a cancellation spot for tomorrow (17th March), so was really lucky. By all accounts Karidis seems to be the top man in the UK so try not to worry, you are in safe hands. I will be posting before and after pics regularly on my thread so keep an eye out for this progress report. Like you, I was very apprehensive about getting this done, but after nearly 20 years of suffering I decided enough was enough. Hopefully this will be the first summer I will actually be able to take my top off with confidence (providing all goes well with the recovery!) and be able to buy tight fitting Teeshirts without the worry of the gyne poking it's nose in! LOL. Good luck with your op and be sure to keep us all posted on your progress.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Dr Gonzo

Thanks Blue2, did he reassure you re the puffy nipple syndrome?
Also how are you getting the blood tests done so quickly. I am just arranging now to get them done with the GP and then i also have to settle the balance with Karidis and the hospital. Have you payed them both with cards over the phone?

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Hi mate. I was lucky to get a cancellation for my surgery during my consultation and they did the bloods there and then! However, this did cost me £125 whereas I could have got it done for free through my GP. But time was of the essence and to be honest in the grand scheme of things, £125 was a drop in the ocean I guess. I had the op yesterday and so far I am happy enough. (You can see my diary thread for more details).

As for the puffy nips problem, I had this too (as you can see from my pics) and this is caused by the gland pushing the nips out. This also has the effect of making the areola look bigger as it is stretched. Karidis says he pays a lot of attention to this area and removes all of the gland apart from a very thin layer which he leaves just behind the nipple. This helps to support the nipple and prevent the indented look that you can get if all of the gland is removed. What I also liked about his technique is that the nipple incision is only about 5-8mm and does not require stitches. He manages to do this by taking the gland out piece meal, which basically means that he cuts away at it and takes out small pieces one by one. Prior to this he does the lipo part of the procedure which gets rid of the excess fat around the gland which makes excision easier. This also allows him to 'sculpt' the chest into a desireable shape.

Karidis did reassure me that he would be able to make my chest completely flat despite my puffy nips, so providing all goes well with my recovery I should be in pretty good shape in a couple of months! (Touch wood). Keep an eye out on my diary thread for progress pics, good or bad!  :D

Hope this helps.

Offline Dr Gonzo

Hi Guys,

Thought I owed it to everyone here to let you know how it went......

Excellent! I can't reccomend Karadis enough. I only suffered from the puffy nipple syndrome and he has sorted it right out. I was told to keep plasters on the incision sites under the nipples but I was like "what incision sites?!" thats how good and discreet he is. Op was on 5th April, uncomfortable for 2 weeks but was back in the gym pretty soon afterwards. Could do chest press straight away, only thing which took time was being able to reach high enough for chin ups but that is fine now. Now I have had it sorted I don't care who I tell about it as I look and feel wonderful! First beach holiday in 5 years is booked, woopie! I'm a 24 year old male who needs to make up for the time I have spent hiding behind baggy clothes and bad weather, lol

Only one issue (but I think you can tell I don't really care about it) is that one nipple has a fold in it now. Luckily I have a hairy chest and nipples so can't tell unless look really closely. Anyone had the same experience and ideas about it? Appreciated.

To anyone thinking about going with Karadis I would give him my full backing, even for very mild cases such as myself.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I still have slight creasing in both nipples when I tense my chest, but this changes each day, coming and going. It's all part of the recovery. Your skin still needs to retract and tighten and there is a lot going on under the skin which you can't see. I went to see Karidis yesterday for my follow up and he pointed this out to me but was 100% confident that this issue would resolve itself in time. 6 months from op is a good guide.

Well done on the surgery. Glad Karidis lived up to your expectations!

Oh, and my nipple 'scars' are pretty much invisible now too! They must be 6-7mm at the most. How the hell he gets the gland out of a hole that size I do not know!  (Well I do but you know what I mean) :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024