Author Topic: My Story...(please read and leave advice).  (Read 3129 times)

Offline samuelwyne

Hiya...
first of all i wanna say this forum is a really gd idea!
i noticed i had manboobs when i was about 11 and about 16 went to my GP who told me i had gynacomastia so reffered me to a consultant a couple of months later. well anyway went to him and he organised an operation straight to first of take away the size and puffiness of my nipples. this operation was a great success and im glad the nipples are looking a bit more normal to be honest. this was last september and earlier this wk i went to another appointment with the same consultant and he said hes prepared to do another operation to remove the breast tissue i have behind the nipple. this is all done under the NHS and not the plastic surgery route. however he had ensured me that he knows what he is doing ect...
any thoughts on this???
for years this has been getting me down...so much so that i get into relationships with girls and they dont get very far cus i dont want her sticking a hand up my shirt and feeling something she didnt expect. im sure a lot of u guys feel this..? i mean im nearly 18 now and i havent had one long term relationship and its rele startin to get me down. anything is a bonus at the moment and i will try anything to get rid of this gynacomastia i have. this operation is in august and ill keep u posted.
please comment me back any thoughts people have form previous experiences or any helpful advice. anything will be very appreciated.
thanks very much :)
sam

Offline MSJ108

I wonder why they were not more aggressive on the first surgery. Something doesn't sound right. Got any pre and post op pics?

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
You say that they reduced the puffiness of your nips but it appears that they left the gland behind? This sounds like conflicting information. If they did a gland excesion to reduce the puffiness, you would be left with basically fat, but they are now saying that they need to remove the breast tissue from behind the nips? This would suggest that they have not removed the gland and only done fat removal in the first op. I can't quite figure out what they have done mate.  I have heard of people having lipo initially to get rid of the fat and then having gland excision at a later date so I can only assume that this is the case with you. But why wouldn't they have done both procedures at the same time?

Anyway, if this second op removes the rest of the 'bulk' so to speak I suppose you are on the way to having a flat chest. Have they said what procedure they intend to use? Lipo? Nipple incision? I would personally question them as to why they have chosen to do it in this way and why it wasn't all done in the first instance. Also find out exactly what they did the first time, was it gland or just fat removal? Make sure you have it straight in your own head so you know what to expect after your second op. Most fellas on here have lipo and gland excision in one go as this removes the necessity to go through the trauma twice! It just makes sense to do it this way.

You have experienced the same things as pretty much every other member of this forum in terms of your personal anguish. Don't think that it is just you, it's perectly normal. We have all had to endure the social uneasiness that goes with having gyne and you were right to try and get it sorted if it bothered you that much. Some put up with it and don't bother, whilst most really want it sorted, sadly some just can't raise the courage to do it and others just can't afford it which is a shame. The NHS were very reluctant to do mine and so I ended up going private. Either way, you are having 'plastic surgery' and so will be performed on by a plastic surgeon! I just hope your NHS experience is a good one. Why not post some pics on here (you don't have to show your face!) so that the other forum members can give their opinions on the level of gyne that you have? A lot have done this including me, and it allows others to give you encouragement in a honest way, be it offering support when going for the op or whether it's just to say 'it aint that bad!' if that's what you want to hear!
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline kingboob

If it is affecting your life that badly I would get the second surgery.

It sounds to me as though they made some improvement with the first operation, but maybe the surgeon was too cautious?     

Just because your surgeon works in the NHS doesn't mean he hasn't got the correct qualifications!  A lot of NHS  plastics / cosmetic surgeons do a bit of private work as well.  I am sure he knows what he is doing; and if I were you I would be pleased to be getting it done ''free''.

I am sure your surgeon has discussed the risks, potential scars etc, with you........ so now all you need to do is weigh up the pros /cons and make your mind up - although it seems like a no brainer to me.

Offline outertrial

You hear this a lot with the nhs. They do a bit of it, gland excision for example. Wait for you to heal , have a look at it, and then you go through it all again for the lipo or vice versa. It seems to be accepted that thats normal and the best way to get good results though i dont know of a single private ps who doesnt try to get it right first time.

Well its free I guess, though not free for the pct that has to pay the surgeon twice or for the patient who has to give their healing time.

I wouldnt worry about having long term relationships at 18!

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
Its strange they are making you go through it twice, but if hes planning to get the breast tissue this time, let him have it :)

I wouldnt worry too much about breasts either, yes some girls are put off by it, theres no doubt, but im only 27 and ive had it since i was 15-16 and ive had a lot of relationships in that time and the breasts have never affected mine once. But, dont be thinking thats me trying to put you off getting it done or anythign, but whilst your waiting try to live your life, dont let them ruin it  ;)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
FAO Outertrail
Just read your account again to reassure me!!!!!!! I can very well imagine it was a relief to realise that you werent dead after the surgery after signing those consent forms!lol!! 10 days from now I will be there having my op, bit nervous but looking forward to it as well. I have grade 2 gyne, so lots of fat but not really any big nips. Hopefully ll will be ok, thanks for your account, it does make a difference and I will do the same.

Cheers

Offline outertrial

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024