Author Topic: My 4 year struggle :( Finally a revision consultation at St georges .  (Read 4701 times)

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
I have a revision consultation after over 2 years since my surgery.

When I got my first surgery I was too young. I done everything parent free and just took the surgeons word. Now years later I have self diagnosed precocious puberty which brought on my gynecomastia

Since my last surgery Im more deformed than ever!  Tea cup sized nipples . MY once black nipples are now pink. They still weap years later a weird yellow substance and flake continiously

Anyway I need to have a list of demands for the surgery this time round.

This is the list I have formed any additions

2 seperate points of entry on each breast.

One under armpit and another around the areola

Drastic reduction areola size due to the discolouring and change of skin since last surgery

Operation to take place on an elevated chair.

Liposuction and also gland removal

Customised compression garment. ( Not another tube grip)

Referral to dermatalogist

Referral/prescription for professional make up for scarring from prior and this surgery.

Offline outertrial

Is St Georges private or NHS? If its NHS unfortunately you need to be realistic about what you'll get. In addition your post surgery symptoms sound quite severe - have you had a referral anywhere from your surgeon?

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
St georges is NHS

No I haven't had any type of referral. I was told I would be referred to a dermatologist but that never happened.

I think the request are quite reasonable. Some of it was discussed the last time I spoke to the surgeon. The pro make up may be an issue but if the NHS provide it to transgender patients to cover up scars why not me?

A family member of mine suffers from a condition called lymphoedema and recieved customised compression garments straight from germany and was told to forward to invoice to the hospital.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline outertrial

So youre sitting up, which makes it more obvious how the results would look. All sounds great if they agree to it.

Offline kingboob

So youre sitting up, which makes it more obvious how the results would look. All sounds great if they agree to it.

The problem is they probably will 'agree' to it, but how the hell do you have any control over what they actually do when you are asleep?

We have heard NHS patients before being told they are getting one thing and then waking up to find another........ there was one guy who was promised lipo plus excision after much debate with his surgeon, woke up and the first thing the nurse said to him was they only did lipo because that is all that was needed............... guess what, a few weeks later it was clearly obvious he needed more surgery........

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
kingpin05 - I am at St Georges too. I had lipo at the end of last year and am going in again in 2 weeks to have the rest removed.

I've found then to be good, the NHS gets a lot of stick that I don't think it deserves. Saying you don't have any control over what they do because you're not paying up front for it is stupid. At the end of the day surgeons are the trained professionals and a lot of people outside of the plastics unit don't actually know too much about gyno (it is still quite un-discussed I think) but stick with it mate and good luck.

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Hey Zink,

I take it you were under Miss Rose's team?? I have to say that her team do seem much more "with it" than Mr Meagher and Hussain. She actually suggested excision under the armpit and lipo in that area aswell as my chest. The whole T scar was not even discussed.

I saw one of her assistants/team members. She was very coarse but she basically said that I had to get down to the same weight I was when I had surgery. I pressed the issue about the compression garment which she was quick to state was my responsibility , however I corrected her by saying that my allergic reaction to the tubegrip meant the onus was on them to supply additional support as it was not a matter of personal choice.

With the NHS it is very Luck of the draw! I am certain that if this newer contemporary team had handled my surgery I would not be in the same state now .

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:07:47 PM by kingpin05 »

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
yes.

well they did lipo first which I didn't really want, to see if it would work (and it didn't) so I'm going back soon for the full job but am hopeful for good results. good luck with yours mate.

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
sorry to bump, was just wondering how it went for you kingpin?

I had initial lipo done in nov 2007 and at first they thought it didn't remove much of the gland and I was due to go back for an incision job. It wasn't 6 months after the first procedure until I went back but on the day they told me it had improved so much it wasn't worth it!

At first I thought the lipo hadn't done enough and I was unhappy with the result but things do take a long time to settle down, I haven't had anything more done and right now I'm really happy with the result. I'm sorry I haven't kept up on here, I keep trying to make sure I don't forget how I used to be because my life has changed so much. I'm so grateful.

Anyone on the NHS, or just waiting for surgery or healing post-op just hang in there! Just the nature of the condition means you have to be patient! But it will be worth it! :)

that surgeon left st georges for charing x so I followed them up...

Right now they've offered me another go at lipo because while the left side is amazing and flat, the right side is just slightly larger still, so there's a bit of a noticeable difference. I need to decide if I want more surgery now or not - it's now or never if I want an even better result than I have now but like they say, the enemy of good is better and if it got messed up I would be so gutted. I've been swimming recently for the first time in about 7 years!!

sorry a long post I know but just wanted to try and give you guys still struggling some hope -> just don't rush!  ;D

GynO_DuDe

I like the idea of having the operation on a elevated chair ... it really does make gyne more obvious than laying down. But is it 'AS' easy to operate I wonder? ... their has to be a reason why surgeons don't already operate on gyne patients in that state ... I mean Mr Levick generally draws on your chest after asking you to lean forward etc so he knows the target area, where as that could all be avoided by just using an elevated chair.

Offline zink

• Bronze Member
i assume it's hard to do accurate surgery at 450!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
What do you mean by self diagnosed precocious puberty?
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024