Author Topic: diary starts here!!!  (Read 2019 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi all,
I have decided to post my diary of events on here as this site has been massively significant in me getting to where I am today. I hope it will help people who were in my position a few months ago. I am 34 years old and have suffered from gynecomastia since I was about 14. My first recollection of it was when I was at school and I did cadets. My uniform top I had to wear was quite tight and of course I was very aware of the way I looked. Since then I have always tried to cover up. When I went on holidays I only really used to take my top off when I was lying down, as soon as I got up on went my shirt. As many of you know it's a real pain in the arse condition and one that is not very nice at all!!!

I was a pro skater for 8 years, and although I was very fit I still suffered as my chest never went away. I dont really have puffiness, just alot of fat. I came across this site abut 3 years ago which is when I realised for the first time there were many other people who suffered from exactly the same symptoms as me. Although I know knew there was something that could be done, it is very difficult bringing the subject up to your family. 

A few months ago we were watching a program on plastic surgery and my wife mentioned about her thinking about a boob job..........it is then that I plucked up the courage to tell her!!!! Why I did not tell her before I dont know as although she doesnt quite understand the feeling as she says she doesnt care about my moobs..she is very supportive of it all. Then I really went the whole hog and told my parents............supportive is not the word! They have been amazing, and when I was talking about having a credit card or loan to pay for the op amazingly they offered to pay!!!!! I know how so lucky I am to be in this position but I just want people to know that it really makes a difference (not just financially for me ) to have support.

I booked an appointment with Benito a few weeks ago, and now I am only 5 days from surgery. I am really looking forward to it and am hoping its going to make a huge difference to my life. To be able to go clothes shopping and choose whatever I like, to take my daughter swimming, to really enjoy going on holiday, to not wear my suit jacket all day at work, to have a confidence in myself and not be paranoid. These are all things I am hoping to achieve and I will keep you all posted on my progress.

A big thankyou to all that have helped on here and hopefully my account will do the same.

Pics to come soon.......

FAO Irishlad....see you there!!!

irish lad

good post.. all the best, you will be gyne free when i see you ;)

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Very best of luck with your surgery. You WILL get to do all of those things you mentioned, and you will feel great about it too.  ;)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Cheers Blue!!!! Its only 3 days away now, very hard to believe!! This board has been great!!!! I will update upon my return and as soon as i can get some pics up I will!!! Nervous, yes....excited, yes......thinking about results, yes!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024