Author Topic: dr benito.. post op..my experience.. now with 3 day nd 3week post op pictures..  (Read 14015 times)

irish lad

well i finally done it got back yesterday from my op with dr benito..iv been pretty much addicted to this board since i discovered it in march..and id just like to thank everyone who has helped me on this because without ye i woudnt of heard of benito or gained such valuable inormation on gyne...and now im coming up the ranks on this board lol :D i will be helping others as much as i can.. also thanks to MERLE for starting everything and letting us all help out each other u are a living legend!! for all gyne suffers..(il try to put as much info as i possably can to help others anything i left out feel free to ask)

anyway im 3 days post op writing this and to be honest i feel pretty good considering iv had the op friday..my chest is flat and theirs only one small bruise on my lower chest not even that visable...i had the armpit excission both gland removal and some small bit of lipo..i taught i was just going to get gland removal but in another inspection just before the op dr benito informed i would be getting lipo as their was a small amount of fat(if you remember i said at my consultation i was told no exercise 2weeks prior op maybe this was why benito found the small amount of fat hiding in my chest when it wasnt tense after a workout im not sure??)

so i arrived friday morning late because of my flight being delayed 40 minutes..i eventually landed in barcelona and had a bit of a mix up lol..belive it or not their was a man who had the exact same name as mine bar 1 or 2 letters so i taught their was a mis spelling and assumed it was me!! their i was sitting in the wrong car for another 30 mins waiting for the driver to come back!(driver ent back to get someone else in airport) while i got a call from aida(dr benito asstant)where are you?? she said..im waiting in d car etc etc you know the rest..so out of the car i went to find my real driver when i found him he drove me to the hospital about a 20 min drive maybe less.. i arrived and was greeted by aida(very frendily and very helpful really got on well with her) i got my blood tests and was kind of rushing as i was like an hour late!!..

so i stripped to me boxers and put on a gown thing they give you... lied down on the bed and was brough to the op room by aida and avery frendily member of staff who i had a bit of banter with regarding barecelona and me being a man united supporter this was good because i was minutes away from surgery and it took my mind off things! so he gave me a tap on the shoulder and wished me luck which was a nice touch.. i belive another case or outertrial had a similar experince cant remember which one lol!! so then i met the whole operating staff all came up shook my hand etc and i was then chatting to one of the doctors about anastetic for a while as ths was my main fear (not waking up) he assured me everything was going to be fine as i was young and fit and dint smoke etc he even started cracking jokes about it he done a really good job of relaxing me top marks!!

so then all set to go lying on th op table looking down at someone shaving my chest and armpit(very uncomfertable) and then all i heard was bye bye and bang out like a light woke up a while later when i heard someone calling my name saying everything went perfect i was shivering with the cold as the op room was very cold..i then remember being lifted on to my bed feling very groggy and tired and very cold with a few people standing around me and bang i was sleeping for rest of day til around 10pm that night..woke up bandages wrapped around me nurses coming in and out every hour checking my drains and heart rate etc.. then i had a lot of trouble going to the tiolet as i had to stay in the bed til next morning when dr benito would visit me to take drains out and bandages off,i found it hard to piss lying back it just didnt feel right.. i eventually was able to manuvere a move that would see me on my knees on the bed enabling me to go for prob the longest piss of my life what a releif!!lol (i remember reading through someone's post saying they had to get up and go to the tiolet holding the drains lol! legend i say that was impossiable) i then was allowed eat at around 11pm and i ate everything that was put in font of me as i didnt eat since 4am in the morning!!!

1 day post op benito came and took of my bandages and drains out(slightly uncomfertable horrable feeling)so then lying on the bed i had my first look at my new chest and i was amazed no brusing and very flat but very painful as i had the armpit excission i could hardly lift my arms.. benito then put the vest on me and explained how it worked (tight around chest wth the option of loosing the stomach straps for comfort and to make sure theirs no creasing in vest!!) what can i say i hate this vest it annoys the life out of me!!! when i put on a tshirt you can see the creases from the vest underneath it giving off a slight heavy look but i only have to wear it til the 27th of june where il be getting it off when i go fr my checkup in london(cant wait!!)benito also said i had an excission just under armpit aswell at my side covered with 2 dissvolving stiches(lesley snipes got his whole op though their)and 2 more stiches to be taken out under the armpit after 10 days ,also benito showed me streching excercise to get full mobilty back in my arms i do this a few times a day and i can tell you it works because 1st day post op i coudnt get a tshirt on to painful..2nd day post op still painful but aftera day of streching i got it on..3rd day post op starting to get a lot more comfertable and can get a tshirt on with a smal bit of effort and i even drove my car today which was a bit painful but nothing major just sore when i turn as i have no power steering!! so im just gona give driving a miss until im 1 week post op.. sleeping is probaly the hardest part as im still not able sleep on my side and i find it very hard to sleep on my back!! so i know im in for a few restless nights but its worth it and so is putting up with this stupid vest too(doesnt help when weather is really good like today and im walkin around like the incredbile hulk lol!) oh ye no exercise for 2 weeks ,light training 3rd week and full steam ahead for the 4th week!!hopefully..iv to get stiches out after 10 days so another 7 days left..stiches are very irratating under the armpit.. staff and nurses were ecellent..even though their is a slight communacation barrier with some of them only bad point!!..

now im at the otherside as they call it lol!and in the hardest part the post op stage!! overall very happy even though the left side looks a bit swollen what ye think??

pre op pics=  http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg139/irishlad2008/

3 days post op =
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg139/irishlad2008/post%20op%20dr%20benito/

these are 3 day post op pics... doc said it will look more natural when chest hair returns and armpit hair..left side more bruised because it was the worse and benito said he had to be very aggresive on it with lipo and a lot of gland removal..

p.s.. had a bad case of puffy nipples they are now gone!!!!

just a quick note il be deleting these pictures in about a week or two just dont feel comfertable having them on for a long time!!

just updated thread with my 3 week post op pics...     http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg139/irishlad2008/3%20week%20post%20op%20pics/

all brusing and scars on outside healed up, but as im new to this post op experience i am all ears to what anyone has to say to me as it will benifit me.. im now on a the rollercoaster that is post op!! plenty of ups and downs ahead(i have to imithe i under estimated it) i was on top of the world a few weeks back and now im brought right back down lol.. i now know thanks to blues advice and his experence post op i am devloping a bit of scar tissue mostly on the left hand side where i had lipo and gland removal so as you read through my post you will probally notice my mood changing lol! at the moment my chest is still giving of a gyne look(not as bad as before) but i truly hope this is scar tissue!! ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:19:25 PM by irish lad »

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
hurry up and upload them!! i excited to see the results, bet they are really good!

irish lad

il defiently have them up tommrow evening man just found my camera.. lol

Offline steve21

• Posting Member

(i remember reading through someone's post saying they had to get up and go to the tiolet holding the drains lol! legend i say that was impossiable) i then was allowed eat at around 11pm and i ate everything that was put in font of me as i didnt eat since 4am in the morning!!!

I had to do just that  :o

Good few hours post op, dying for a piss. Nurse said to stay in bed and use a bottle but i couldnt go lying down so i got up and walked to the loo. I was very, very dizzy (understandably) and carrying the drains was not fun. I slept most of the post op day. Due to being kept in for a further 4 nights, i had to carry the drains around with me for ages. Going to the toilet was not fun to say the least. Getting the bottle snagged and the tube getting yanked hurt a fair bit  :o

The drain removal was a bit unpleasant too.

Glad it all went ok :)

irish lad

man i dont know how u done it i was afraid incase i ripped drains out by accident and started bleeding but i did think about it!!!and nearly tried it but having armpit excission i coudnt lift my arms to get the drains lol :D!!..

cheers bud ;)

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
Hey Irish Lad

Really glad everything went ok for you mate. Long road ahead but knowing Benito, you'll get the result you wanted.
I'm having my op next week (everything has gone so quick, I only saw him about 2 weeks ago in London) and am having armpit incision - just wondering how big the scar is? Is it similar to that of a nipple incision and where about is the actual incision?

Cheers

Equium

Offline drogen

• Posting Member
darn i know what you mean about having to take a piss lying down lol i had to do the same when i had the op with benito,but i got to watch american gangster on the tv there so it wasn't bad!

Good luck for the future and let us know how things turn out!

irish lad

drogen... cheers man, i think we were all in the same boat on the piss dilema lol! ye tv wasnt bad i just watched euro championship on sat and the simpsons in spanish funny stuff.. il be posting me pictures later on so you can se what u think yourself cheers ;)

equium... hows a goin bud... cheers iv over the moon already with the result only a small bruise thats it and the scar is really small you would never notice it..i got two excissions one under the armpit and one just above my ribcage at my side and the armpit excission is in your armpit lol! id say in about a month hopefully il be completly healed as im feeling better everyday i mean a lot better..id recommend armpit excission to anyone it is offered to it is worth the pain.. the pain is at its worst the first 2 days..i can move my arms nearly perfect now and im 4 days post op.. il show u the pictures later on bud

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
Cheers Irish lad, cant wait til next week!

irish lad

just looking at my pictures myself and i am amazed..its only when u look at the before and after you relise what a good job benito has done... and man i need to hit the gym again i lost a couple of pounds of muscle becuse i just went off training for 2 to 3 months when i hit my lowest point with gyne..it came to the point where i got ridicoulsly embarresed about my gyne and the way it made me feel..constantly choosing clothes that would best hide it..this even came into effect before training and im a qualified fitness instructor after my final exam next week! just goes to show gyne can effect anyone no matter how fit or unfit u are i mean i see people who are very overweight and dont have gyne i guess its just roll of the dice.. now i can get my life back on track and start feeling good about myself at last!!!lol :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:08:27 AM by irish lad »

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
i know its mad, i have spent the last week wearing all the clothes that have been hidden away in my cupboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might even go swimming in a couple of weeks

Offline omgninja

• Posting Member
Great job, one of the best i've seen. looks like you've lost a bit of weight since your pre-op pics, was that intentional? great job, never have to be embarrassed of your body again mate!!!

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
So did they trim your chest and armpit hair just before you went in for the op? I'm tempted to get mine waxed, cos shaving can make it grow back thicker I believe?

irish lad

omgninja... ye i lost a bit of weight mostly muscle because i was always quite toned..it wasnt intentional i just got fed up of training having gyne so i decided to start fresh after the op..i wasnt training as much so i wasnt as hungry as i used to be leading to me not eating as much as i used to.. cheers bud

equium... ye shaved it right on the op table seconds before i got knocked out by anashetic! they were still shaving when i was asleep!

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Your results look great so far mate, hope all goes well for you so you can be back in the gym ASAP! How are you feeling today?
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024