Author Topic: Having Surgery in 3 months by NHS  (Read 1970 times)

Offline RCW

Hi,
Im 18 and had an issue with my breasts since I was about 10/11 and I'm really happy to say that Im having surgery in 3 months via the NHS and have a few questions.

1. Do they provide you with a compression for after surgery
2. How long do they usually keep you in for the after surgery (after overnight)
3. I read on another topic that they place drains on you is that the "waste" tube or something else as Im not looking forward to it   :D

The doctor said that he would lipo me but not all of it, were Im a big guy he said it would look un-natural. should I ask that he removes the gland also?

one more  ;D

Is surgery done by the NHS really that bad?

Thanks

Offline kingboob

1: I highly doubt they will supply you with a compression vest / dressing after the operation

2:  1 night if everything goes well..... more if not, remember they don't have bed space to waste so you will be out as soon as you are fit to go.

3:  The drains remove any fluid / swelling from the general area, they are thin little plastic tubes which they leave in, about 6 to 8 inches (roughly) I guess are inside your body with the rest of the tube coming out attached to bottles where they can monitor how much is coming out.   

Pain wise, I can't help but feel most the guys on here are complete wimps, I've had a total of 14 drains in over 3 operations this year, and I can honestly say only two of them were truely painful to come out, and even that is only about 15 seconds of a stinging sensation; mainly caused by the fact that the nurse was pulling on the drain when it was still held in place  ::) , once she cut the holding stitch thingy it was fine.

Dunno about lipo really, I had mine cut out / off.....    it is the hard lumpy tissue (gland?) which I think they struggle to remove with standard lipo, which is why a lot of people get a little cut around the nipple area and have that lumpy stuff cut out at the same time.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 04:19:44 AM by kingboob »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024