Author Topic: Introduction and girlfriend question  (Read 4209 times)

Offline mcmurphy

• Posting Member
Hello all,

i have read through many posts on this (great) forum.  i only discovered it today.  i dont want to put a life story in, as by the sounds of it - everyone has a similar story.  its interesting to read other peoples experiences so i'll introduce myself.

31 yrs, London UK.
i remember someone saying i needed a bra at the aged of 8.
my case i think is middle of the road, heading towards the larger end in comparison to the pics ive seen.  however, everyone thinks there's is teriible i'm sure - its relative to how you feeli suppose.
ive just booked into to see a consultant in 2 weeks.

i have always known of what i have but only really started seeing the phrase recently and having researched into it - have a mixed feeling of relief and acceptance.

fed up of the usual hunch over slightly; choosing the right time to get out of bed if youve stayed with your girlfriend ; wind blowing against your t shirt etc etc.

a thought on the girlfriend note:

although the reason for me and im sure many others is to get the gyno sorted to feel comfortable doing normal things and not to look good in front of your girlfriend as such. (they wouldnt be worth being with if they look down on you for having it). i am wondering what peoples experience has been in telling their girlfriend and how they reacted.

specifically what i am thinking of is: a bit of 'puppy fat' in the chest area is probably what many a girlfriend think one has and perhaps think "get down the gym" however, if they were to think 'female breast tissue'  i wonder how off-putting that is before i say anything.

waffling email over.

good to be on a part of the crew.

: )

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
No need to say 'female breat tissue'. It's not female, we're all men here. All men have breast tissue, but ours ius over developed  Sit her down and tell her the whole story from the start, including how it makes you feel, how you're very self concious. She'll already know though- women aren't stupid and I'm sure she'll have noticed how you hide it etc. My girlfriend did try to play it down but now she realises how much it means to me to get rid of it she's right behind me, and I'm so glad I've told her. We're now saving up together for me to have it done early next year hopefully. Good luck with your g/f.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I told my wife about my gyne years ago and she was fine about it. She did say that it wasn't that bad at the time but now admits that after seeing me now 3 months post op that there is a BIG difference! I did not get it done until now as I was scared about how the results would look and heard so many horror stories. In may ways I wish I had had it done years ago but I also think that the time was right now as techniques have improved so much and I think my results echo this. I am not so sure I would have got the same results if I had got the op say 5 or 10 years ago.

At the end of the day it's up to you what you tell your girlfriend, but if she has half a brain I am sure she will understand your plight and be as supportive to you as my wife was to me.

Best of luck anyway.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline mcmurphy

• Posting Member
ah - cheers for the time to reply lads.  yeah -  ive only been with my girlfriend for a couple of months, so its in that early stage of 'how will she react.'  my previous girlfriend of 5 years i used to talk about it to and she did the usual 'you havent got it' but yeah, as you say - was fine with it as yours are.  ive basically ha enough and am going to get it sorted - i suppose its harder to bring up in a new relationship. 

i read your diaries blue.  good on you for taking the time to post it up.  very interesting and great results!  good work.  am going to the hurlingham clinic in harley st if anyones heard of it?  i only found this site yesterday!  and only ever see two surgeons names mentioned.  this cant be, surely?  makes me a bit nervous seeing another surgeon.... ?

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Is it just a consultation that you are having at The Hurlingham Clinic? If so, there is nothing stopping you from seeing Karidis and/or Benito too and then making your mind up about who to go with. I can't recommend Karidis highly enough and I am sure others will say the same about Benito, but the choice is yours at the end of the day. Just don't be pressured in to going with one particular surgeon because you feel that you have to. Get the info, prices and a feel for the surgeon and then sit back and digest. I am possitive that there are other good surgeons out there, but I just didn't see the point in risking it with a surgeon that did not come with a recommendation from someone who had used them previously.

Offline mcmurphy

• Posting Member
ah - thanks Blue.  much appreciated - you taking the time to reply etc.

yeah - just having a consultation with hurlingham clinic.  i may see your man too as you say.  all good reports.  i dont think i will have the op until december anyway - as im on holiday twice between now and then.  haha, i could have it done now and still go away with my top on. 

but yeah - have a consultation on the 17th July.  i can imagine being well nervous signing up to an op date soon after - but reading your blog has been a great help, as is most others comments.  everyones time will collectively help others.

as with everyone - i'll update the news on hurlingham clinic for others to view.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
OK great. Please keep us posted.

Offline mcmurphy

• Posting Member
definately. will do!  i will start a hurlingham clinic thread perhaps to get a wider scope for surgeons.  hopefully another good one to add!  enjoy your summer all who have leaped. and those that havent - like me, dont worry too much about it.  you'll be ok.

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
no girl has ever mentioned it including my wife, although this minger grabbed my chest one night in a club and said where did you get these from lol, the look on her face when i grabbed her's and said " same place as you." i think us guys honestly worry about our chests more than what girls think of us. Its the pain off being around guys that always bothered me not girls, a feminine chest is something most guys don't have and cant imagine the distress it causes. One girl i shagged years ago said she really liked my chest although she was ginger and a bit desperate.

Offline mcmurphy

• Posting Member
hahaha.  ^^    yeah - well i pulled this bird recently.  got down to the biz and the said i had man boobs (first time thats EVER happened).... thing is though - she was as big as a f**in' house!  haha.  the cheek. i tell mates about that. they crack up. 

seriously though - yeah - ive never esperienced negativity from girls before.  for myself and i imagine 99% people on here - its the t-shirt look and wanting to wear a top without thinking oh no this is a breast top. etc etc.  i agree with you derrand.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
LOL at both of you!!  :D I have to say that a similar thing did happen to me once when I was about 18 or 19. I started seeing a girl that I knew from school a few years before and managed to get her in the sack. First thing she said when I stripped off was "ooooh, youv'e got breast's!". How embarrasing is that! I think that scarred me for life to be honest and I always felt more self concious about it after that.

Offline Bgrn82

• Posting Member
Mine said she wasn't bothered and said "but a lot of blokes have that". I have overheard women say that "moobs are horrible" and it's not nice to hear but they are generally the less intelligent females. At the end of the day no ones perfect and different things are important to different people when it comes to appearances.

Remember for all you know, a girl that criticizes your man breasts might have distended piss flaps or a "dicklit" for all you know.

Anyone who gets to know you over time will disregard superficial faults they discover later.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I am sure you are spot on mate, but at the end of the day it is how you feel about yourself and if the condition bothers you then there is only one solution!   ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024