Author Topic: Day 3 Postop  (Read 1851 times)

Offline fraustolike

• Posting Member
Hello
Today is day 3 post surgery and I drove home from London.Pain not a big issue.I would rather
call it soreness and I can tolerate that much.First day I took some painkillers but not any more.
Few questions I want to ask:
1.How many days I need to sleep in awkward position?
2.Because of Compression vest I feel my upper body is stiff and I am not moving it properly.

Surgery was done by Dr. Karidis.Changed bandages today.Minimal oozing.Arm movements getting better.
Overall feel good.Chest appears totally new for me.Its still early days and have to wait and see.

thanks

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
If I remember correctly I had to sleep sitting up for 2 - 3 weeks. At the end of the days this side of things is really up to you and how you feel. I was fairly sore post op and so maybe this was a little longer than some will need. Just take it a step at a time and see how you go.

The compression vest does restrict your movement but don't let that worry you. You can start to do gentle circular arm movements to try and loosen your chest up but don't overdo it. I thought that I would never be able to train hard ever again after my op such was the level of stiffness, but the mobility soon comes back so just bide you time.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024