Author Topic: Day 8 Post Surgery  (Read 2242 times)

Offline fraustolike

• Posting Member
Feeling much better.Doing all sort of normal life activities.No exercise.Bruising & swelling issue was
minimal.Pain killers only for first 2 days.Wearing compression vest for 24/7.Nipples feel very numb.
I don't know how long will this thing last?
My surgery was by Dr. Karidis and I would highly recommend him for anyone who is considering surgery.
Anyone who had surgery with Dr. Karidis......how long it takes for numbness to resolve?I was told
to massage area 2 weeks after surgery so I have not started massaging yet.They have recommended
arnica cream but bruising has been minimal.

Thanks

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Congrats on the surgery! Not sure if you have seen my diary thread, but you are interested there is a blow by blow account of my recovery right up until last week. There is a fair bit of reading but you may find it interesting! I also posted some pics as I went along too.  ;)

Here is the link: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13273.0

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
His assistant (cant remember her name now....chantelle maybe?) told me to get bio oil from boots for massage which I did! I dont suppose it makes much difference but just thought Id mention it. Seemed to do the job pretty well....apparently it breaks down the scar tissue.

Offline kingboob

His assistant (cant remember her name now....chantelle maybe?) told me to get bio oil from boots for massage which I did! I dont suppose it makes much difference but just thought Id mention it. Seemed to do the job pretty well....apparently it breaks down the scar tissue.

How much does that bio oil stuff cost?

I was going to get some of this scar treatment stuff off the internet but it was extremely expensive for a tiny quantity?

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
Around £7 for a small bottle IIRC. Lasts for ages though.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024