Author Topic: Levic vs Kardis  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Hamal

• Posting Member
Levic:
Pro: Could have the operation in July

Con: Have to wear the vest during summer!!!

Con: Have to travel to Birmingham from London!

Karidis:
-Con: have to wait from Now until 9th NOV for  the  consultation!!!!!!!!!!

Pro: Its in London

Pro: Can wear the vest during Winter!

So What do you guys think about wearing the Vest during the summer!!? Will I suffer a lot more if I wear it in July and august?  Is it worth waiting until Christmas for kardis?

By the way does anyone know which one charges more £££££? I haven’t seen Kardis yet and I didn’t ask her how much they’ll charge so I’m not sure if I wait for 7 months and pay a lot more for Kardis.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
You only have to wear the vest for 3 weeks during the day. It will be a bit uncomfortable but I wouldn't let it govern your decision too much.
etc.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
The vest is no big deal, its very thin, and lightweight, not what I imagined it be....its no trouble at all wearing it, and its un-noticeable under a t shirt.....provided its not a very thin t shirt!

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
I wouldn't worry about wearing the vest durign summer; I wore mine the summer before last when it hit over 100 degrees here in london and I was fine. Only thing is tho that white or see through t-shirts are a no-no.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

It's hardly a con getting from London to Birmingham, its a 2 hr drive maximum. I have friends from South Africa who laugh at us brits cause we consider anything more than 30 mins in the car a fair way to go. Over there it's anything over 10 hours! lol

Ian

Offline Hamal

• Posting Member

Thanks guys.
Its not just the vest that i'm worried about, i have a feeling Kardis might be more experienced and do a better job because his consultation waiting list is around 6-7 months now compared to levick's 3-4 weeks…

Of course This website is great because you can hear from other people who have experienced this before. However information about different surgeons can be easily manipulated. e.g. Mr. X can sign up here as Mr.Y, Mr. Z etc… and say that he had an successful surgery with Mr. X and recommends it to other people. I think its better to consider other factors (such as their waiting lists)as well as what people say on this forum.
What do you guys think levick or Kardis?

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I really wouldn't worry about Levick's experience. He has done so many gyne ops. Obviously I'm not saying that you should definitely go with him - just don't use the logic you're currently using (Karidis must be better at gyne ops because he has a longer waiting list).

.. Chances are his longer waiting list is due to other reasons - not every consultation he does will be about gyne, for example.

My opinon of Levick? Great. I no longer have gyne and my results are still getting better and better (about 5 / 6 weeks post op)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

Thanks guys.
i have a feeling Kardis might be more experienced and do a better job because his consultation waiting list is around 6-7 months now compared to levick's 3-4 weeks…

quote]

I think I read somewhere that Kardis trained under Levick.  You cant really go by the waiting list as these guys do more than just gyne ops and also maybe one works more days than the other (i dunno).  I think its really your choice as to who you choose.  Go with who makes you feell most comfortable.  Both surgeons have good reputations.

People who have had surgery with levick will say levick and people who have had surgery with kardis will say kardis naturally.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline London_boy

• Bronze Member
  • Op performed by Mr Levick 17/08/05
    • My Photos :
Hi Hamal

Have you had any consultations yet ? If not and if I were in your position, I think I would probably arrange consultations with both and then decide who you feel is the most experienced and who is going to do the best job for you... At the end of the day, you've got to go with the surgeon that you feel most confident about.

Just picking up on the point that doddy made, I think that Karadis is more of a general cosmetic man, that's not to say that he isn't experienced at gyne correction because others on here seem happy with the results but he is often to be found on daytime tv (not that I'd know) and I'm pretty sure that he did Barbara Windsor's last facelift !!

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Hi Hamal
and I'm pretty sure that he did Barbara Windsor's last facelift !!

That was Stanek. I researched this guy from head to toe - easy coz I work in pr  ;) ;) ;)

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Maybe his waiting list is longer because he does too much day time TV?!

Ian

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
let me tell u something i had 2 diff ops with karidis at the same time, one to revise my gyne which he did with lipo, the results are now NOT all that, and im gna hav to go back for some minor touching up.
he also did another op which needs a revision.  so hes not all that,  
agree with IT, he does to much tv so people think hes brilliant.  he is good but not brilliant.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline Hamal

• Posting Member
hi UK,
Thanks for your posts. I say "posts" because ur experience with Groblaar change my mind about seeing him and deicded to book a consoultation with levick instead.
So your not so happy with Kardis's work? Do you think its more Globlar's fault ....after all he made the mess of it in the first place?
My gyne isn't that bad so i'm not sure whether i should go through all of this. I ve seen some nasty pics on the net of people with deformed chests (after operation etc...) which puts me off.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
im not saying karidis is not good, because he had to correct another surgeons mistake so it was harder for him to do.
if u look at his pics of gyne operations during consultations he gives great results.
i just need a little more touching up. karidis was good cos he also managed to remove scar tissue that happened from my first op with grobellar.

trust me guys if u had to have gyne ops i would say choose between levick or karidis.  karidis is good, i said what i said because i also had a rhinoplasty with him.  everything was good for the first 6 weeks , but now the tip of my nose has fallen back down to its original position,  i dnt think this is his fault, but one of the possible thigns that can go wrong with a rhino op.  
but also bare in mind some surgeons are hyped up to be more than they really are.

Offline Hamal

• Posting Member
uk2000: can't you complain to someone about glooblar? i mean he didn't do what u wanted but he still got paid over £3k. i mean ur not happy with his work surely you can take legal action? He should ve refunded some % of the money u paid him...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 09:16:15 AM by Hamal »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024