Author Topic: maximum bodyweight for surgery?  (Read 3256 times)

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
as above. Im 5'11" and weigh 17 stones. not exactly light. how much did you guys weigh right before you surgery?

Offline kingboob

I was 18st 3lbs..... or 17st 11?   something like that around my surgery in January.   More than the BMI charts say I should be but then I am very tall......... my GP at the time actually told me to ignore the BMI charts and that anything upto 18st would be good for me lol.... just the kick up the backside I needed to get in better shape before my surgery   ::) ::)   

They will ask you or weigh you before surgery to make sure you get the correct treatment, right amount of drugs etc.

If you are a smoker it would be smart to try and stop before the surgery, obviously eat a good diet before you go in...... maybe take some multi-vitamins, get some exercise etc etc....

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:45:20 PM by kingboob »

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply mate. just what i was looking for. Sadly i am a smoker. how detrimental is it to stop smoking beforehand? would it hinder the operation or cause complications, say if i were to smoke a few hours beforehand?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:22:33 AM by anwar »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
Are we all supposed to lose weight for surgery? I'm a skinny light-weight person myself, but my only problem area is my stomach, where I can pinch-an-inch. Should I lose this beforehand or won't it make much of a difference?

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
i was looking at some of the surgeries done over the net and i very much doubt you personally need to lose weight mate. its for people seriously overweight/obese.

DrBermant

as above. Im 5'11" and weigh 17 stones. not exactly light. how much did you guys weigh right before you surgery?

Have you checked your Body Mass Index (BMI)?  That coupled with Body Fat Analysis is a guide to the nature of the problem.  When fat is a major factor, weight loss before plastic surgery is usually better than weight loss after.  Plastic surgery will not make someone obese not look obese.

After weight loss gynecomastia may still be a factor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024