Author Topic: Operation Diary  (Read 3050 times)

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Hi all, well here i am, back safe and sound from surgery with Dr Benito.  Im gna TRY not not to make this too long, but just thought id share my story with u all.
I had my initial consultation on the 27th June in London with Benito. Not long after id left, his coordinator Aida was ringing me to book the operation, so i went ahead and booked it for the 6th August.
 I left Bristol Airport on Tuesday the 5th and got to Barcelona at around 13.40pm. There was a bit of a mix up with the transfer which Aida couldnt stop apologising for and had to get a taxi to the clinic. When i got there Aida greeted me and took me to have the blood tests and to meet Benito just for the final checks i,e whether i was still going to have the op done through the areola which i did etc.
I stayed at a local hotel H10 Marina for that night (very nice 4star hotel) £75 pound for a room for the night but well worth it.
Understandibly i couldnt get much sleep that night, i was thinking to myself OMG im in Barcelona with my gf waiting to go under the knife whilst my family are at home and dont kno the first thing about me even having this issue. Started getting worried (what if i dont wake up etc).
Aida booked the transfer for me at 7.00 am the next morning (operation day) which picked me up and took me to th clinic.  She greeted me at the entrance and showed me to my room which gta be honest was really nice.  I was then given my backless gown and paper pants (ye sexy), the gf had to take a photo, shamed!!!!!!!!.  At about 9.30 i was wheeled down to the surgical area which is bloody freezing and had a chat with the anaesthatist. By this point i was shitting myself to say the least. Then Benito came round and i felt completely at ease, hes a real nice guy, even offered me a teddy to go into surgery room with lol. Next thing i kno i got a drip going into my arm and im being wheeled to the surgery room, im looking around at all the people, heart racing 9 to the dozen, next thing i kno im waking up in recovery. Strange feeling because i couldnt actually remember being put out.
Anyway 20mins go by and im wheeld back to my room where my gf is patiently panicking about me. Id been gone for 3hrs!!!! Only felt like id blinked.
I slept most of that day and had food at around 8pm. Then we had the fun part of going to the toilet. what a mare, i picked up my drips and hobbled to the toilet, was really dizzy and had to be helped back by the gf.
Eventually got the hang of pissing into a bottle, u will pee a lot by the way!!.  Slept well that night.
Benito came in the following day and took out my drains. (I was dreading this bit all day but i didnt feel a thing). He then stuck the compression garment on me and i was free to walk around  the "ward" if i wanted to.  Got fed, went to sleep and woke up yesterday feeling great. Benito and Aida came in to wish me well and booked my checkup on the 5th sept in london. Had a look round Barcelona which was a nightmare in that vest coz its sooo warm and then had a transfer back to the airport.
On the whole, its been pretty painless, felt like id had a good workout in the gym really, a fair bit of bruising and im 3 days post op and can get a t shirt on pretty freely and painlessly.  The language barrier is quite difficult so take a phrase book, i was lucky because my gf speaks a fair amount of spanish so didnt have too much trouble.
As far as it goes now, i have a completely flat chest, with a slight crease in one of the nipples but thats probs because of the stitches. Only thing i can say bout is that the feeling around one one of my areolas hasnt come back yet so hoping thatll sort itself out soon.
Sorry about the length of this guys but just wanted to give a full of description as i could of my story.
I'll post pics to follow.

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member

irish lad

great account wolf.. your expereince was pretty much identical to mine! man your right about that op room it was like the bleedin north pole in their when i woke up i coudnt stop shivering lol :D.. pics look great too u must be very happy..did you go for armpit or aerola excission??

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
mate i am ecstatic, cnt stop smiling. This vest is a nightmare tho, i took it off for an hr tonight as i find it very claustrophobic tbh.
I opted for the areola, he said it wud be a quicker healing time than the armit one, and to be honest im not too bothered about a small scar around the nipple. Its the best money ive ever spent i must say and the service u get with benito is absolutely second to none.
Benito suggests wearing the vest for a mnth, but i dnt kno if i can cope with that, did u wear it for the full month? Ive read that a few guys have stopped wearing it after a week or 2, do u think thats gna do any damage?

irish lad

i wore it for 2weeks day and night and then just nights for the last 2 weeks... and sometimes if i notice some swelling id wear it going to bed.. i know what your saying its a right pain but has to be done.. i woudnt think it does any damage but its suppose to reduce swelling and i think scar tissue ;)

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
ye i think i may do the same, however im taking it off for an hour everyday jst to let my body get some air because the itching and sweating is pretty nasty. One other thing i wantd to ask was, my chest is numb directly above the nipples, sorta where the bandages were. Did anyone else get this? It doesnt bother me too much and i knew it was a possible side effect of having the opb ut jst thought it may have been a pretty regular occurance with other peeps etc.????????

irish lad

dont worry about the numbness even though in some cases you lose nipple sensitivty after surgery this is rare.. my chest was the exact same it was very numb but after about 3 weeks i slowly started to get feeling back and now at 2 months post op i have all feeling back in my chest..dont worry just give it time !!

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Hey all, well im jst about at 2 weeks post op, had my stitches out yeserday, well partly, the one came out nicely, but the other side seems to have got stuck a little bit in amongst the scar tissue etc. Anyone else had this issue at all? I had the areola excission by the way.
Cheers All
rob

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
Quality results mate, I had armpit incision so cannot comment but regarding other issues, time is the best healer.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024