Author Topic: benito surgery. 4 days post op  (Read 2288 times)

belfastmale

Had my surgery with dr benito on 6th august so 4 days post op, not gona write much as flyingwolfs post is exactly what i was gona write. seems i was operated on straight after him.
my gyno was slighty different, mine seemed to be a lot of fat and little gland, i only got the underarm incision as dr benito said the nipple incision was not needed.
at the moment i have no pain at all and near enough stretch my arms to full extension above my head. bruising isnt as bad as i was expecting. there seems to a lot of swelling and kinda indents below my nipples but dr benito says this is just down to scar tissue forming.has assured me that after surgery my chest was completly flat and not to worry about wat it looks like now, will get worse before it gets better is what he said.
the only problem im having is trying to sleep on my back, havent had a good nites sleep since op.
overall im happy with results so far, the chest is looking a lot better even though there is loads of swelling.
glad i got op in barca. overall cost me £3100 for op, flights and 2 nights in hotel. and i got to visit nou camp stadium!!

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Ive found sleeping on my back not to be a problem to be honest. i always sleep on my side and that has been fairly difficult but its getting better everyday.  Im hating wearing this vest thing tho its awful. I tend to try and take it off for about an hr every night, dnt kno if thats bad tho but jst need to be free, its gets really clostraphobic.

irish lad

great to hear bud.. i know what your sayin about sleeping on your back i had many a sleepless night after my op.. i was able to sleep on my side after about 2 weeks maybe less.. good luck with d recovery ;)

belfastmale

i dont mind wearing the vest. i find if you keep urself busy u forget ur wearing it.  i found the most difficult thing about op was the boredom in the hospital room. ended up watching films i have already seen before. if anyone is goin to dr benito i recommend taking a laptop with you if you have one to kill the time.

irish lad

ye laptop wud be ideal...

Offline outertrial

I brought my wifes Zen, pre-loaded with a dozen films, American Dad seasons one and two, and about three seasons of Family guy. But forgot the dongle for the charger.

It was in the old hospital where there was no English tv either.

:(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024