Author Topic: Looking into surgery, consulation queries.  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I've just had another appointment with my endo. He says that surgery is fine to go ahead whenever now as I was worried about the risk of it returning as I am on TRT. But he says my hormones have "stabilised" and as long as I keep up the TRT there's no risk of it coming back.

He's booking me an appointment with a PS. Thing is though, I am pretty much against NHS for this operation as I believe they won't do the best job possible compared to a surgeon doing it for cosmetic reasons as well as mental. I've heard/read that the NHS do these sorts of operations to fix the "mental" problem and may not worry so much about the cosmetics...

I am 99% set on Dr Benito in Spain and plan to go for a consultation with him when I have enough cash to have the op done. I am also putting it off until I've got my bodyfat down and happy with the rest of my body as I don't believe it's worth the money until I'm going to be  all-round happy.

So, should I go on this appointment arranged by my endo or should I call up and cancel and not waste their time? OR is it worth getting a professional opinion from more than one surgeon before settling on Benito.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
Definitely see the NHS PS - you never know, he may have performed lots of gyne ops privately and also, it never hurts to get a couple of opinions. The NHS PS may say something about the nature of your gyne which you could then ask Dr Benito about too.

Offline kingboob

Definitely see the NHS PS - you never know, he may have performed lots of gyne ops privately and also, it never hurts to get a couple of opinions. The NHS PS may say something about the nature of your gyne which you could then ask Dr Benito about too.

I agree with that if at all possible.......  Personally after fighting for a consult for over a year I went private for my first one.

A consultant cosmetic/plastic surgeon  is still qualified to the same level whether they work in the NHS or not, the question is how much experience do they have at doing the operation you are interested in.

All surgeons are going to try and minimize scaring for the best cosmetic result.....that goes without saying,  it is like  racing car driver making best effort not to crash.... its in the job description!     

It doesn't really matter if you think the reason you are having it done is for  physical perfection or mental wellbeing, the surgeon should still do the best possible.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024