Author Topic: My Experience Dr. Benito 3/09/08 UPDATE 10 WEEKS POST OP!  (Read 8546 times)

Offline boy8181

• Posting Member
Here is my Diary. I’m going to try to go in to as much detail as possible as all the information on here really helped me in making the decision to go ahead with the surgery and which surgeon to go with. If I’ve missed out anything or anyone would like any extra information, I will be happy to answer any questions which you might have.

I'm 27 years old, 6ft 1, 77kg, 12st 2

May 2008 – Consultation

I booked the consultation with Dr Benito after reading these forums as he seemed to have more consistent results. I turned up for the appointment in plenty of time and had to wait for about 30 minutes. For some reason I got really nervous.  Dr. Benito told me that I only really needed gland removal and maybe a tiny little bit of lypo. This is kind of what I thought as I am quite lean I guess and don’t have much excess fat elsewhere. Dr. Benito told me that I could either have excision via a cut on my nipple or in my armpit but I didn’t have to make the decision until closer to the time. He also told me that the operation would cost £2800 and a £280 deposit would be required.  On leaving the consult I was sure that it was Benito that I wanted to go with as he was a really likable guy, knew what he was talking about and really put me at ease. The next day I called Aida, Dr. Benito’s patient coordinator, and booked my operation for 3rd September – 3months away!!! I could have had booked one for closer but due to commitments I couldn’t allow myself enough recovery time until September.

3rd September 2008

My mum and I stayed the night at the airport and took the flight to Barcelona at 6.50am. The flight was on time and when we arrived at the airport a driver was there to meet us. (All included in the price of the op.) We then drove the 25 minutes or so to the hospital. We were told that we had to wait  and apparently we were early so we had to wait for about 30 minutes for Aida to turn up at 11am. Aida is really nice and really put me at ease. She said that she couldn’t believe how calm I was which kind of made me feel as if I should be a bit more nervous. She took me to check in at the hospital which took quite a while as the guy who was doing it was new but he was really nice as well. Then I had to go and get my blood tests and then Aida told me that there had been some sort of mix-up and the hospital was full so I was going to have to have a room on the 7th floor which is usually reserved for VIPs as there were no rooms anywhere else. I got to the room which was nice and was told to put on the paper gown but was allowed to keep my boxers until just before I got taken to the operation when I would need to put on the paper pants!!!!! A nurse came in and took my heart rate and stuff at about 1.30pm. There is notreallly much to do in the room apart from look out the window which looked over the Nou Camp Stadium or watch the TV which you need to pay for I think. Luckily I had my Laptop with me and some DVDs and also managed to pick up a wireless network so got to send a few emails and pass the time on facebook. About 3pm Dr. Benito came in to see me and drew all over me with marker pen. It was then that it all felt really real, although he really put both my mum and I at ease and he told me all about what to xpect when I went for the operation and that I would probably be picked up from the room at 5pm and be away for about 3 hours – due to 45mins prep, 1hr 15 for op and 1 hour in recovery.  Then a nurse came in and gave me a tablet to relax me and shave my armpit which was really uncomfortable. The tablet was great and really spaced me out. It wasn’t til about 6pm that I actually got taken away at which time my mum went out to get some food. We hadn’t eaten since breakfast.  I thought I was going to have to put on the paperpants then but the guy let me keep my boxers on which I was glad about as I have a tattoo that I didn’t want my mum to see.  The guy who took me down to the operation was really funny. He didn’t speak much English but in the lift he asked me if I was ready to have my baby?? Which at first I wasn’t sure if he had got mixed up or maybe I had got mixed up but then I realised that he was joking and it really put me at ease. He then told me that I was brave and he would see me really soon. I think he was using every English word he knew but he was really great!
I then got taken in to prep, I was given another drip thing to relax me which was even better than the first tablet and I was all over the place and started to find the whole thing really amusing and wasn’t worried at all. I saw Dr Benito on the other side of the room and he waved to me and I waved back. I lay there for a bit and then someone told me that thay were ready for me.  I then got wheeled in to the room where they do the Op and my arms were tied to this thing and then a nurse told me that I would be going to sleep soon.
The next thing I knew was that a nurse was calling my name and I was being wheeled  in to recovery. I was so thirsty it was unbeleiveable. I asked a nurse for some water and she put a sponge thing in my mouth for like 2 seconds. Then I had to wait for ages to be taken back up to my room.  Eventually I was ready and I got passed over to the funny guy again who then said that my baby was fine! Even though I was wasted I still found it funny. Then I got taken to my room where my mum was waiting. Dr. Benito had called her in the room just after the op and told herthat everything had gone really well. I then called my dad and my partner. I actually felt ok though still REALLY thirsty.  I had two drains in which were quite uncomfortable especially when I needed to go to the toilet. The nurse was adamant that I had to use this bottle thing in the bed but I just couldn’t. So we lied to her and when she was gone I stood up and pee’d beside the bed in to the bottle.

4th September 2008

All the nurses were realy lovely except the night nurse that night. She was so grumpy and kept telling me I could have a drink in 1 hour. But what she actually meant was 1 o’clock. So at 1.45 just as I got off to sleep she came in the room and threw a big bottle of water at me on the bed which hit my chest and really hurt. Then I had to open it myself as she wouldn’t do it and my mum was asleep.  Then at 5 am I was woken to be given some cold chicken soup of which I had about 2 mouthfulls and then went back to sleep. That nurse was a bitch, but all the other ones were so lovely and funny that I didn’t really mind coz they made up for it.
Dr. Benito came to see me about 2pm where he took my drains out which was quite uncomfortable to the point where my mum had to leave the room. It wasn’t painful but very uncomfortable. Dr Benito then went to fit me with the vest but I asked him first if I could go and look in the mirror. Well, I took one look had to look away. Not because it looked awful but because if I looked anymore I was going to start crying in front of Dr. Benito. I was over the moon with the results. He fitted me with the vest. It was then that he told me that I had to wear it for 1 month 24hours a day! I thought I was only going to have to wear it for 2 weeks. I was really disappointed with that as the vest id driving me crazy but whats a month in the long scale of things??? He left and when my mum came back in I got quite upset. My mum thought it was because it looked so bad but I was just so happy with the results and the factthat it was all over. I’d only told my mum about the Gyne a few weeks earlier so I think it made her realise just how big a thing it was for me too.

5th September 2008

Got up and hadbreakfast at 8am and had a shower which took sometime but felt ok. Nurse put fresh bandages on my armpit and drain holes and then Aida came and got me at about 10.30. She wrote me a letter signing me off work for 14days and then went for a walk around barcelone. Went to sagrada Familia and Las Ramblas. Felt ok although quite tired. Headed back to the hospital where the driver was booked to take us back to the airport at 6.30pm. Got flight back at 9pm and sleptthe whole way.

9th September 2008

Feeling ok. Slowly getting more and more movement back though the vest is rubbing against where the stitches are under my armpit which is making me not have as much movement as id like. Getting the stitched out on Friday which hopefully will help the situation.  The vest is driving me crazy and I’m a bit anxious about having to wear it at work as my job is quite manual. Still over the moon with the results though. Swelling doesn’t seem much worse than the few days after the op but I guess I still have a lot more to come as I’m only 1 week post op. I’m expecting the worst so anything else is a bonus. Its definitely the best £2800 I’ve ever spent and I would definitely recommend Dr. Benito and Barcelona if you are considering the op.

10th September 2008

Posted new pics 8 days post op. Still feeling great though swelling has started and got a large bit of what I presume to be scar tissue on the left side beside the armpit but is kind of disguised by the armpit. Slowly getting used to the vest / sleeping on my back. Getting stitches out in 2 days.

I’ve tried to go in to as much detail as possible. Sorry if it’s a bit of a bore but I just hope my story can help some of you to decide if you want the op or not. I sold my car, my pride and joy, to fund the operation.

Lastly, thanks so everyone who has ever contributed to this forum. You've made my life and decisions so much easier.

Before

1 day Post Op

2 days Post Op

8 days Post Op

3 WEEKS POST OP
Absolutely over the moon with the results. Looking forward to my follow up consultation with Dr. Benito. Can't wait to not have to wear this vest for much longer. Still a bit swolen and my nipple is a little numb but getting better day by day.

Would appreciate your comments guys. Thanks.

10 WEEKS POST OP
10 WEEKS POST OP ***** 10 WEEKS POST OP

Hey, Thanks for the comments.

Thought I's give you all an update on how I am doing.

Got the vest about 6 weeks ago now. At first was delighted with the results and beeing free from that vest, but then I just realised how important the vest was. After about 3/4 days of being vest free, I started to swell and be quite tender. I found that I lost a bit of movement that I had regained since the op. Then I noticed that my right nipple was beginning to look puffy again which I found a real big step back. But now, 10 weeks post op, the swelling has gone back down and I am back at being 150% happy. My right nipple is still slightly puffy but that is going down day by day. My left nipple is still slightly invested but I'm not even bothered about that, but if I want, Dr. BEnito says he can rectify it with a small procedure which he can do in his office in London when I have my 4 month follow up appointment.

My confidence has improved by 200%. I have even started doing some modeling!!!!!! Something I always wanted to do, but never had the confidence.

Anyone who has any question please please ask. And anyone who is considering having the op or Dr. Benito... DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:40:24 PM by boy8181 »

Offline johnny_english

• Posting Member
All i can say seeing your pictures is WOW. That really is amazing results. Yours is exactly the same as mine apart from im 16 stone and a little lower body fat. Im bookmarking this page to cheer me up whenever i feel depressed about my gyno. Thanks buddie!

Offline Puff_Davey

• Posting Member
Great results man congrats :)

So Benito got both glad and fat from the armpit?  no incision round the nipple? Thats what i have been worried about having the op and getting scarring round the nips :-[

Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted on your progress!

Dave

Offline boy8181

• Posting Member
Thanks guys,

Yea both gland and lipo from armpit. No scar around the nipple. There is a tiny scar on each side of my chest that is for the drains and there is a scar about 2 inches long under each armpit for the actual excision.

I'll try to post more photos tomorrow of me 8 days post op.

irish lad

looks great bud...  ;)

the scars under your armpit will take time..but when your armpit hair returns it will do a good ob of hiding them but at 3months post op i still have these scars and the the two scars from the drains at the side which are more like two red dots they havnt really cleared up either but i suppose it just takes time they say expect your final result between 6 months and 1 year..

and yes you are right your gyne was very similar to mine and even your results...

but a few tips... my chest was very flat straight after the op too but expect some swelling..im 3 months post op and for some reason my chest in the last few weeks feels very swollen and theirs still some scar tissue not broken down yet...im now wearing the vest 3 months post op at night just to hopefully reduce swelling...

post op is truly like a rollercoaster lots of ups and downs..remember your chest has gone through a lot of trauma and it does take time as im really starting to relise this now!! ;)

great account too ;)

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
Hey guys, i'm 6 weeks post op now and like irish lad has stated above, the first 4-5 weeks my chest was completely flat, but this week the nipples appear to b a litle more puffy, nothing on the scale of what it used to be for sure, i just assume that this is all part of the healing process and that they will flatten out again in due course. If anyone can shed any light on this fact then please could you??
But on the contrary the best money ive ever spent, i can now participate in my dance classes without wearing a bloody hoodie where id sweat buckets, and also i can teach my karate classes without having to wear a t-shirt undernath my karate suit. Its incredible how much it can change ur life.
I had the nipple excision and to be fair, the scars are hardly noticable, they blend in well with the colour of the nipples.
All in all i'd like to thank DR. Benito for what he does and would recommend him to anyone and everyone.
I'lll be posting update pics up shortly..
Ive even started lifting heavy in the gym and don't have any issues at all :)
Cheers
Rob

Offline boy8181

• Posting Member
Hey Rob,

Although I am only 10 days post op, I can see where you are coming from. The day I had the drains out I was expecting to see results but nothing compared to what I did see. My chest was a lot more defined and less of a mess than I expected. Dr. BEnito told me to forget that as it would be a while until I would see it looking like that again and he was right.

It seems like every day my chest looks different. I have a bit of scar tissue in my left armpit which is causing a lump when I lift up my arm which I am massaging and is slowly getting smaller. It really is like a roller coaster, but at least I know the potential of what it can look like.

I am still completely satisfied with my results, and although my chest is swollen, it still looks better than it did before and my dreaded puffy nipples are GONE!

Stick in there!

A

Offline outertrial

Excellent report. I wonder if its always the same guy who wheels you down for the op. My one was an older fella, barely spoke  a word of English and absolutely put me at my ease wheeling me down joking about things with his three words of English vocab.

Offline boy8181

• Posting Member
3 WEEKS POST OP

Just updated my pics. Would be interested in hearing your comments guys. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:18:04 PM by boy8181 »

Offline gazz88

• Posting Member
Mate, your results look sh1t hot! I bet your so chuffed! If I get a final result anything close to yours I will be over the moon!

Have you got any creasing on the nipples or anythng, its hard to tell from the pics?

Offline boy8181

• Posting Member
Cheers Gaz,

Yea I have creasing on my left nipple. The nipple has also gone inverted which it wasnt before. From my research I think this will go with time but to be honest even if it doesnt, I dont mind because it still looks better than what it did before. I'll check with Dr. Benito when I have the consultation in a week. I also think that once I am rid of this vest it may improve the creasing as my chest wont be as compressed.

All the best.

Offline Advent

• Posting Member
Great results.  Your body is set now, keep it up bro. you are on fire!

Offline gazz88

• Posting Member
Fair play, as long as your happy with the results thats all that matters. Like I say though your lookin good mate....

Good luck with the recovery  ;)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
WoW! great story...I'd be happy to look like your before pics!

Hows your situation now things are settling down?

Nice one mate!
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline boy8181

• Posting Member
10 WEEKS POST OP ***** 10 WEEKS POST OP

Hey, Thanks for the comments.

Thought I's give you all an update on how I am doing.

Got the vest about 6 weeks ago now. At first was delighted with the results and beeing free from that vest, but then I just realised how important the vest was. After about 3/4 days of being vest free, I started to swell and be quite tender. I found that I lost a bit of movement that I had regained since the op. Then I noticed that my right nipple was beginning to look puffy again which I found a real big step back. But now, 10 weeks post op, the swelling has gone back down and I am back at being 150% happy. My right nipple is still slightly puffy but that is going down day by day. My left nipple is still slightly invested but I'm not even bothered about that, but if I want, Dr. BEnito says he can rectify it with a small procedure which he can do in his office in London when I have my 4 month follow up appointment.

My confidence has improved by 200%. I have even started doing some modeling!!!!!! Something I always wanted to do, but never had the confidence.

Anyone who has any question please please ask. And anyone who is considering having the op or Dr. Benito... DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024